Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas bottle

• 24-04-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I don't even know where to buy one, leave alone to find a good deal
    any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where are you op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Bought a patio heater last year, went to local recycling centre, picked up an old gas bottle, and brought that to local shop, where I exchanged it for a full one. The full one cost EUR25, whereas without the bottle, it would have cost over EUR50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

Dublin
    I don't know where my local recycling centre is, thanks for that tip, I'll google for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

I went to my nearest recycling centre (ringsend), they had 2 bottles there (I could see them on a cage) but I've been told by the guys working there I could not get stuff out of them

I'll probably try to talk to some manager during the week

Rashers72, where did you get yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Baleally, which is near Lusk in North county Dublin. They were just sitting around...I can understand in a city centre recycling centre how they might use a cage. Try one of those centres on the outskirts.
    Would they not open the cage and let you take one? Might be a bit cheeky, but I think it's all part of the recyling approach. One man's waste is another man's.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement