Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance Clubs in Dublin

Options
  • 24-04-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My brother is 23 on Saturday and we are looking to go to a dance club. Something that is pretty classy and not going to be full of scum. I was looking at going to club ‘spirit’ on Abbey street but I’ve found out it is now a live music Venue. I also want to see if the club will have a VIP area for about 10 to 15 people.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's called the Academy now afaik it's still a dance club.. Looks fairly dancy this Saturday.. http://www.theacademydublin.com/listings/index.php?id=57

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

was in there last wed, bit of a rocker fest, not to my tastes but was ok for a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

There is tripod and crawdaddy s along south william street Wax.

What do you mean by Dance OP its very vague eh

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Newish club called Jack in the Box behind Tara Street dart station.Thinks its called sub bar as well.Brilliant club no knackers in it yet.......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

Bumpage. looking for somewhere decnet to. Sick of Dorans/Club M/Qbar/Doyles/dandelion. Went to redz last week - Holy crap full of knacker kids, anyone any suggestions, been out of the country a while.

And dance music to, somethig you can dance to, not crappy RnB!!

Whats zanzi bar like these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

It's a dive these days mate.

Whelans is deadly at night these days. Dancing to indie rock, pop rock etc. You wont find as many knackers as you would in Redz!

Sub Bar is apparently amazing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Mr.S wrote: »
    Avoid Redz, terrible spot i always though.

Whelans, The Village, Tripod are all good. Tramco in rathmines can be could, but can be packed with kids at the weekend

Whelans would not be dance music

Tramco is RnB

Village is alright although I haven't been there in a while

Abd tripod is hit and miss if there is a dJ booked good night if not can and will be RnB ****e.

I was int he Button factory this weekend is cleaner looking since they changed it from the TBMC but still an Electro Techno place

Advertisement