Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yaris model changes since 02?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello,

I have an 02 yaris that i'm thinking of trading in/selling. Would anyone have a list of when model changes were made since 02 to present day, so that I might have a better idea of what year to go for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Original Yaris was launched in 1999.

Yaris facelifted in 2003 (most noticable difference is the tear drop front headlights and new bumpers).

New model Yaris launched in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

03 facelift brought standard CD player, ABS and 3 point rear seatbelts, as well as some cosmetic changes like different bumpers, lights and interiors. Side airbags weren't generally available until the new gneration in Nov 2005, look out for special edition Yaris Strata models that featured upgraded interiors and some nice extras like alloys, remote locking, leather wheel with remote audio controls, and front fogs.

Nov. 2005 model is identical to the ones being sold now, notable additions to the standard spec are side airbags, elecric heated mirrors,and remote locking. I'd personally refer Luna or Sol models over Terra or Strata models, as these have an improved interior, audio system, and 5 extra airbags on top of the standard 4. If you want/need a height adjustable seat, then Luna or Sol are your only options.

Advertisement