Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend (25-27/4/08)

• 24-04-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

25 Apr 2008 Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Derry City
    25 Apr 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 UCD
    25 Apr 2008 Cork City 7:45 Drogheda United
    25 Apr 2008 Galway United 7:45 Bray Wanderers
    25 Apr 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Sligo Rovers
    27 Apr 2008 Shamrock Rovers 7:00 St Patrick's Athletic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Drogs visit to Cork pits the wits of two of Irleands most boring managers in Alan Mathews and Paul Doolin. Drogs are on an horrific run, so will probably be aiming to keep a clean sheet in Turners Cross. Nothing unusual there, as they do that even when on a good run. There will be no more than one goal in this one. The only way I see City winning is if we score in the opening 10 minutes, and Drogs game plan changes. Drogs, however, are boosted by the Senegalese guy not being available for selection.

Some big games throughout the league this weekend. Hopefully Shamrock (thats what they like being called. It distinguishes them from Sligo Rovers) can take a point from SPA. A draw between Derry and Shelbourne II would be the job as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

gimmick wrote: »
    Drogs visit to Cork pits the wits of two of Irleands most boring managers in Alan Mathews and Paul Doolin. Drogs are on an horrific run, so will probably be aiming to keep a clean sheet in Turners Cross. Nothing unusual there, as they do that even when on a good run. There will be no more than one goal in this one. The only way I see City winning is if we score in the opening 10 minutes, and Drogs game plan changes. Drogs, however, are boosted by the Senegalese guy not being available for selection.

Some big games throughout the league this weekend. Hopefully Shamrock (thats what they like being called. It distinguishes them from Sligo Rovers) can take a point from SPA. A draw between Derry and Shelbourne II would be the job as well.
    I dunno. I think you're being a bit hard on Longford II. Cup run? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1st Divison
    Kildare County -v- Limerick 37 Friday, 7:45
    Monaghan Utd -v- Sporting Fingal Friday, 8:00
    Shelbourne -v- Waterford Utd Friday, 8:00
    Wexford Youths -v- Longford Town Friday, 8:00
    Athlone Town -v- Dundalk Saturday, 7:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I will be stupidly drunk by 7pm on sunday, "we only have 14 fit players so a few u18s joining the squad" according to media. Good few days off tho after 5 matches in 15 days so hopefully everyone be fit for friday.

Ryan
    Lynch O Cearuill The Beast Paisley
    Guy Fahey Dempsey Keane
    O Neil Quigley

Rovers should be well up for it, hopefully we are too. A win and a few draws elsewhere would be nice.

kdjac

Cork 1 down and Gamble sent off, misses game vs us :(

galway 2 down

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Cork 1 down and Gamble sent off, misses game vs us :(

galway 2 down

kdjac

Jaysus, Mr. Kenna has alot to do. They should have left Clery in, 3 managers in a month must be confusing for the players.

2-0 drogs

Gimmick must have unfurled all his Matthews out banners that he made preseason.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/large/away_jersey.jpg

pats/shels/everton new away jersey, the PP logo is ****ing awful but 450k 450k 450k ...:(

God its awful looking thing.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

2-0 drogs

Gimmick must have unfurled all his Matthews out banners that he made preseason.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/large/away_jersey.jpg

pats/shels/everton new away jersey, the PP logo is ****ing awful but 450k 450k 450k ...:(

God its awful looking thing.

kdjac
    Doesn't look as bad with JWHire on it. :)

The umbro crest is on the shoulder though :confused:

DesF wrote: »
    Doesn't look as bad with JWHire on it. :)

The umbro crest is on the shoulder though :confused:

shels winning 1-0 atm ;)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

shels winning 1-0 atm ;)

kdjac
    Yeah. I know.

A close uncle died suddenly on Tuesday, and the removal was tonight. I'm only in the door to check scores, then to the pub. His corpse to wake.

I'm allowed that as an excuse surely?

• Advertisement

if you need one, assumed you were at the game doing the updates.

3-2 bray rowe :O Kenna out etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

http://shop.bohemians.ie/images/retrored.jpg Fairly sure that should read retro red Shels jersey.

We werent great, loads of long ball no real threat, though we did have the ball in the back of the net once, keeper caught the ball went down and dropped it, ref stopped the game and gave a drop ball in the 6 yard box that we didnt contest. Ah well, as the saying goes win your away games draw your home games.

bohsman wrote: »

We werent great, loads of long ball no real threat, though we did have the ball in the back of the net once, keeper caught the ball went down and dropped it, ref stopped the game and gave a drop ball in the 6 yard box that we didnt contest. Ah well, as the saying goes win your away games draw your home games.

LOL nearly sure its the opposite, few of our players at your game tonight most importantly The Beast and our coach, sunday turns into a must win game. Joe and harris definelty out so revised line up.

Ryan
    Lynch Paisley The Beast Frost
    Guy Fahey dempsey Kirby/keane
    o neill quigley

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Galway just should just start playing inthe first division now and save themselves the bother :D

Was at Tolka tonight and Waterford were well worth a draw I thought by taking the game to Shels..enjoyable game up to when Shels finally put it to bed. Delivery from the right was impressive. The striker's headers...not so much.

LOL nearly sure its the opposite, few of our players at your game tonight most importantly The Beast and our coach, sunday turns into a must win game. Joe and harris definelty out so revised line up.

Ryan
    Lynch Paisley The Beast Frost
    Guy Fahey dempsey Kirby/keane
    o neill quigley
    kdjac
    Come on Shamrock Rovers :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »

Was at Tolka tonight and Waterford were well worth a draw I thought by taking the game to Shels..enjoyable game up to when Shels finally put it to bed. Delivery from the right was impressive. The striker's headers...not so much.

Are you aving a laugh, is he aving a laugh.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Waterford were terrible last night, there headers were the only decent chances they had all night.

Flood could of had five by himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dfx- wrote: »
    Waterford failed to take their 3 great chances while we took 2 of our 4 great chances and hitting the bar twice aswell. our defence was shocking and was there for the take last night so in that context I cant see how Waterford deserved anything out of the game. I wasn't overly impressed with Shels, usual suspects playing well, usual suspects playing sh!te being carried by our good players, it was an ugly but deserved win. Waterford are certainly no great shakes so it looks like the title is definitely between Dundalk and Shels now unless Fingal go mental with their blank chequebook in the transfer window.

SectionF wrote: »
    Come on Shamrock Rovers :confused:

feel dirty now?

kdjac

Joe gamble is an idiot. Retarded sending off. In fact the retards on the pitch at half time would have been too clever to do what he did. Drogs deserved their 3 points. End of story.

Thats still not to say that Drogs are a good team, because they aren't. Easily the worst team I have seen beat Cork City in years. Proves how poor the league was lst seaosn when these jokers won it.

Mathews OUT!

• Advertisement

feel dirty now?
    kdjac
    I knew I would. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Given that we had 3 regulars out suspended last night, it was a fantastic perofrmance + result. :cool:

A draw with plenty of red cards would do me tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

In other news, Longford Town got a point but shoulda got 3... Nice one all the same tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

dundalk move 5 points clear at the top with this 3 nill win away from home. David cassidy getting two , this guy has been fantastic so far and it's hard to understand why rovers got rid . Anyway as i said 5 points clear with 7 games been played so far , 5 of those away from home so the next two games at home should see dundalk move further ahead of any of there other threats . I just hope it doesn't end up like last season where we walked the league at the start , but fell away at the end due to poor shinings in the window

Sarge wrote: »
    poor shinings in the window

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Should be a good game tonight with Rovers vs Pats. Rovers want to bounce back after two poor results.

Think there will be plenty of goals for TV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can see Rovers getting a hammering tonight.

A draw would be great but feels so satisfying to see Rovers lose.

• Advertisement

Are pats 1up? aertel 232 is only showin the fixture...

Pats with a fairly comfortable 1-0 win. Rovers had a man sent off in the second half.

that was handy enough, we did the same vs cobh just sat back scored and defended handily enough. Wasnt a great game they tried to kick us off the park mainly targetting fahey who didnt react to anything :eek:

Shocked they lasted so long with 11 players.

21/24 not bad at all, hope we have some defenders next week for buying 7 of them close season we only have 3 fit :confused:

kdjac

That was terrible stuff. God, it was awful at times.:(

Worst thing to happen the game was Pats getting the 1st goal. After that they were just happy to sit deep and hit Rovers on the break.

Rovers were clueless. They let go of jamie Duffy and Dave Cassidy who both would have proved more effective than anything on show there tonight. Iv'e criticized Paisley in the past and rightly so but this was his kind of game! Continues long balls are what he deals with best. Scully must have seen this and still it continued. Purcell did his best put he was knackered at the end.

Alan Kelly might be the FAI's rising star but in my eyes he is just as incompetent as the the grate Jim O'Neill. Never let the game flow and showed no consistency with the cards.

One piece of brilliance on the night was that save by Barry Ryan from the header. Amazing!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Handy win for the Saints tonight. Never needed to get out of first gear. Rovers brought nothing to the table.
    Don't know what all this Alan Kelly being an FAI rising star is all about. He's an awful ref, have never seen him have a decent game.
    Six wins out of seven is great going. Hopefully we can keep it going this season.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Handy win for the Saints tonight. Never needed to get out of first gear. Rovers brought nothing to the table.
    Don't know what all this Alan Kelly being an FAI rising star is all about. He's an awful ref, have never seen him have a decent game.
    Six wins out of seven is great going. Hopefully we can keep it going this season.

It means the FAI see him as a rising star, he gets the big games, internationals etc, the rest of us see him a **** kind of star

• Advertisement

Were Pats playing Sligo or Shams? Thought it was the latter, but everyone is posting Rovers? :confused:

gimmick wrote: »
    Were Pats playing Sligo or Shams? Thought it was the latter, but everyone is posting Rovers? :confused:

Think its only The "Oirish" Sun that call them Shams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sweet Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Are you aving a laugh, is he aving a laugh.:eek:

In fairness, WUFC could have snatched a 1-1 draw. We are not clinical in front of goal. It should have game over 15 mins into the game but we never got out of first gear. Only for the late goal they could have went home happy with a point.

Just watchin MNS, Sean Prunty was on it talking about his recent heart problem which have put him out of the game. Its a shame, such a great man and player, a legend in Longford. He's lucky that it was discovered when he went to Drogs, (maybe thats a good thing that came out of Longford being relegated, had they not been, he may have stayed and still not know)...Hope all goes well for him in the future and he can get back into the game in another capicity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement