Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a football type design

Options
  • 24-04-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello

I was wondering that someone can help me with some advice. I want to make a page regarding UEFA Euro Cup of this year, i'd made a demo page with read and white, with the uefa euro cup banner. I asked some people and all told me that this colours are not good. I was thinking on this since march and I don't have any ideea. My question is: What colours and menus should I use for a football page? Logo, colours, menu, whatever advice you give to me, it's welcomed.

Regards,
    Marius

P.S. If it is wrong section, i ask the moderators to move into the proper one.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's a couple of sites out there that do free web site templates. Well, there's loads of sites out there for that, but only some of them are any good :)

http://www.oswd.org/
    http://www.openwebdesign.org/
    http://www.opendesigns.org/

You can search on each of these, or even just browse through to get an idea of looks that work well. You might find on that suits you perfectly, or you might find one that's kinda close and you can change to suit your needs.

The whole area of web design and choosing colours, navigation, layouts etc is a whole art/science in it's own right (and one I'm not great at :) ). One big tip I'll give you is that it's very tempting to take existing colours and colour schemes from an organisation and make it very prominent on the page, but generally this isn't a good idea. Be subtle instead, keep everythign quite plain, start with a simple background colour/image, add in a text area on top of it, both with subtle colours, then find complimentary colours forn navigation menus etc.

It's easy to want your page to 'jump out', but the best designs are the ones people don't even really notice untill they think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mariuskl

"It's easy to want your page to 'jump out', but the best designs are the ones people don't even really notice untill they think about it."

That's absolutely true :).

I had a ideea as how my site should look like, but i could use some tips from guys who run football sites :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Look at the flash menus at the top of Satfootball.com. You could probably duplicate this with animated gif.

Or get "inspired" by the official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

This would be more suited to web development and design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mariuskl

I've tried to modify their official banner, after modification was to.....white. And other people told me that is nasty..

• Advertisement
Advertisement