Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 3MB line to 6MB line quesiton

Options
  • 24-04-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I dont really follow what NTL/UPC do but i just noticed on there site that the old 3MB line is now a 6MB line... How long as this been like this ?

I have not noticed any increase in my download speed. I will do a speed check when i get home..

If i dont have the new speed what should i do ? just give them a ring..

I know I'm not on there 1MB package cos i'm downloading around the 3mb mark...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hi all,

I dont really follow what NTL/UPC do but i just noticed on there site that the old 3MB line is now a 6MB line... How long as this been like this ?

I have not noticed any increase in my download speed. I will do a speed check when i get home..

If i dont have the new speed what should i do ? just give them a ring..

I know I'm not on there 1MB package cos i'm downloading around the 3mb mark...

they are phase updating so you should get your speed soon!

6mb - 12mb is what most are waiting for around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

do you know when they started the phasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

they told me most existing customers will recieve the upgrade in june, and you have to sign up for it online...

incidently i was getting a mad download speed on speedtest.net tonight

263566364.png

sadly, i cant download anything at that speed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ummm another month lol.. ah well if i have to wait i will... why the signup online tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

brian_rbk wrote: »
    and you have to sign up for it online...

thats bull**** and its May/June that existing customers will be upgraded, it will be automatically done for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The upgrade is automatic despite whatever else has been said here. I have a press release from the company saying so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

silvine wrote: »
    The upgrade is automatic despite whatever else has been said here. I have a press release from the company saying so.

well according to their site you have to sign-up

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

What are NTL like as a provider? Im another eirom customer looking elsewhere for a variety of reasons, mostly the bill. What is the contention ratio, is it over Coax or Copper they offer their services? Can you choose which? What is the routing like? And most importantly is the changeover as painful as usual (waiting times)

I didnt want to start a new thread when there are so many other NTL threads already.Basically im looking for the pros and cons of NTL

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Crapbag wrote: »
    What are NTL like as a provider? Im another eirom customer looking elsewhere for a variety of reasons, mostly the bill. What is the contention ratio, is it over Coax or Copper they offer their services? Can you choose which? What is the routing like? And most importantly is the changeover as painful as usual (waiting times)

I didnt want to start a new thread when there are so many other NTL threads already.Basically im looking for the pros and cons of NTL

Cheers

they have been excellent where i live, but it can be area specific! where are you living? the service is run over the coax to your house, there is no change over really, you can leave your eircom running and then install NTL and then switch off the eircom straight away, as they are run over different modes.

again speeds, ping and downloads is reliant on where you are, but in D15 its grand for me!

Advertisement