Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Boards accepting Bids on your behalf

Options
  • 24-04-2008 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

I am playing Aston Villa half way through second season and 2nd in the Prem Division because of one player: Van der Vaart.

The Board just accepted a bid of 25 Million for him from AC Milan. How does one stop the Board from doing this?
    Its bloody annoying. He is worth at least 35 million.

Edit: I am on the virge of signing saivet for 8.25 million. Will he be worth it?

My Team:

In Goal: Ochoa
    Back 4: Sakho Zapata Davies Radu

Gouffran Reo-Coker Barry Mahony
    Piatta(used to be van der vaart :( )
    Gyan

Bench:
    Carew
    Radu
    Mellberg
    Sorenson
    Modric

I have 16 million to spend. My team is very young, I need another midfield player thats at least 24/25 at the top of his game.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

you cant stop the board

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I know what you mean. I'm always Boro in the game and come the 2nd season the board keeps accepting bids for all my top players even though I believe they're worth twice as much as what they're been accepted for. The only way to combat this is to offer your player a new contract the exact same time hes in talks with AC Milan for example. I offered Modric £65k/week to fend off Liverpool but even when he did sign a new contract Liverpool went and bid for him again only to see him turn down a £90k/week with me and sign on for them at £95k/week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

In all fairness its what would happen in real life so of course it will happen.

Will only stop once you make your team a consistent top performer and do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

Happened to me too, board accepted an 11M bid for a DC of mine, his default game generated value was 7.5M. VERY annoyed as you know well, if a computer team has a player with list price of 7.5M get ready to pay 15M+ for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

PS actually, he (Michael Rigione) was voted in worst signing of the season in the awards screen 10 months later, and Sunderland went down so I may buy him back for much less! Thats some 'My Name Is Earl' style karma...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Giggidy

For your 2nd season thats an Impressive back 4

Advertisement