Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Massage

• 24-04-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, it's my girlfriends birthday coming up and i'm thinking of getting her a massage in one of the places in town, any recomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Cheers for that Ellam, yeah i'd prefer getting a reccomendation rather than just picking one out at random on a Google search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

The Buff Day Spa or Zeba Hair and Beauty

Yeah thinking of getting a voucher for the buff day spa, not sure what to get though so many different types of massages.

I've heard nothing but good reviews about it

Give them a call and ask them what their most popular one is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Yeah thinking of getting a voucher for the buff day spa, not sure what to get though so many different types of massages.

well, generally holistic massage is more relaxing light ish touch, deep tissue is exactly that - great for getting out knots or a hot stone massage is very deep massage and great for breaking down knots & lumps - depends what she likes - me, i love really deep massages with lots of pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jennybyrne

Hi Sir gallagher

I saw a site yesterday for chinese massage ireland,,,

http://www.chinesemassage.ie/

havnt tried it,,,cos im a bit girlie for that:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭blanco

ellam wrote: »
    Hey Sir G whatever you do, don't go to melt in Templebar. myself and my friends have all had terrible experiences there. I was told it used to be good many years ago but has really gone to the dogs, I dont even think the therapists are qualified, mine had no English at all, the room was cold and noisy and you're just shuffled in and out on a conveyor belt system.
    Wherever you go make sure its on a friends recommendation as there are too many crap places around. Good luck!

I second that! The therapist I had said she also did house calls and "was very clean and discrete"!
    I'd also avoid the fella in Harvest Moon on Baggot St. if she doesn't want breast massage - he's VERY keen to do it.

If you want her to go somewhere in town, try The Holistic Sourcing Centre on Dame St. They're very proffesional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

If my boyfriend was buying me a massage, I would hope he would send me to get one at a normal beauty salon where it will be performed by women. The one time I made the mistake of getting a massage from a bloke, he turned out to be a right perv, toughed me in inappropriate places and removed clothes from me that I said I did not want removed. I will never have a massage from a male therapist again.

Any normal beauty salon will have a price list with all the treatments they offer, just check out whichever ones are in your price range and ask the therapist to recommend one. That way you can also check if they seem professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

you could always book her into a physiotherapist for 40 spuds an hour who would give her a REAL massage... but that would go against the whole pampering thing that these places try to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Advertisement

If my boyfriend was buying me a massage, I would hope he would send me to get one at a normal beauty salon where it will be performed by women. The one time I made the mistake of getting a massage from a bloke, he turned out to be a right perv, toughed me in inappropriate places and removed clothes from me that I said I did not want removed. I will never have a massage from a male therapist again.

Any normal beauty salon will have a price list with all the treatments they offer, just check out whichever ones are in your price range and ask the therapist to recommend one. That way you can also check if they seem professional.

You know there's also clients who expect more for their money? clients who feel you up as you move to the top of the table etc??

That's terrible about that therapist, I'm really disgusted (being a therapist myself)...ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

whatever you do don't bother with any of the Daydream spas
    i was in the one in sandycove yesterday and it was the worst massage i ever got, was supposed to include neck, back and face. but she didnt bother with the face massage and finished ten minutes early. and the massage itself was lame.

i would recommend healing hands in bray, theyre more of a holistic centre than a spa but do the best massages ever

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭blanco

You know there's also clients who expect more for their money? clients who feel you up as you move to the top of the table etc??

That's terrible about that therapist, I'm really disgusted (being a therapist myself)...ridiculous!!

It's disgusting when you obviously work in a proffesional setting, and those pigs think it's something else. Can you not report them or something?
    Scatman wrote: »
    whatever you do don't bother with any of the Daydream spas
    i was in the one in sandycove yesterday and it was the worst massage i ever got, was supposed to include neck, back and face. but she didnt bother with the face massage and finished ten minutes early. and the massage itself was lame.

i would recommend healing hands in bray, theyre more of a holistic centre than a spa but do the best massages ever

The problem with spas, I think, is that the therapists may have done massage as part of the course, but very few have any real interest in doing them.
    Think of how many waxes or nails you can do in the time it takes to do one massage.

Can you remember who you had in the place in Bray?

There's mainly 2 therapists working in Healing Hands in Bray, Marcella the owner and a girl called Lisa. I'm not sure though how often other people are there.

Yeah that's the thing about some places, girls who train in beauty don't always enjoy the massage part, if they wanted to work at it, they'd do a Holistic Therapies course. 1 have 2 beautician friends and they've said that some of the girls just hated massage and never used it after leaving college.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Scatman

blanco wrote: »
    The problem with spas, I think, is that the therapists may have done massage as part of the course, but very few have any real interest in doing them.
    Think of how many waxes or nails you can do in the time it takes to do one massage.

Can you remember who you had in the place in Bray?

I agree with you completely. the girl i had in daydream was obviously a jack of all trades and couldnt wait for the clock to tick 5 (hence the massage being ten minutes shorter)

I've had 3 different people in healing hands, i dont remember their names. I do know i had Marcella the owner and some lady from liverpool. i think they're all fairly high standard though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I take my back massages very seriously, so I would not go to a beauty therapist for one, from previous experiences. I go out of my way to find someone who is specifically trained in massage. I would also not recommend the chinese place on grafton st. i nipped in for a quick shoulder service and never saw anything like what I had experienced in there. The woman was wearing rubber gloves and was gently rubbing my neck. I just said this is a load of bollocks and got up and walked out. There's nothing more frustrating than having sore shoulders and a 'masseuse' who hasn't got a clue.

ah the GF's birthday is long gone now, booked a 90 mins. aromatherapy session in the Buff Day Spa beside the Gaeity, she hasn't used it yet though, better be good, paid 100 snaps for it!

Yeah the Buff Day Spa is a very reputable salon. was actually looking at their website today, was comparing my prices with theirs.. €105 for a 90min Aromatherapy massage!!

I find it hard enough to stretch it out to 1 hr 15 mins!1 Hope your gf enjoys it.. i can only wish that my bf would get me a voucher for a spa/salon... then again i don't know if i'd be able to relax. i love deep deep massages and so far only know 2 people who can give me that pressure I like!!

In regards to those chinese salons/places, i would never go to one. There was an ad on jobs.ie a few months back... terrible looking ad i might add, but it asked for people who were not qualified to work for them!! Crazy!!

Advertisement