Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav

• 24-04-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any offers on at the moment in bricks and mortar shops for around the 200 or less mark?
    Or some amazing weblink i havent stumbled across yet:D
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try the "requests" forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

This is the "requests" forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

lmao, pardon my stupidity !!!! for some reason i thought we were in the bargain alert area and not the requests area, anyway the cheapest sat ive seen recently is here, 80 euros

http://www.misco.ie/productinformation/~143181~WW~/Looket%203.5%20Inch%20Touchscreen%20Sat%20Nav%20with%20UK%20%2B%20Ireland%20Maps%2F%20MP3%2F%20Digital%20Photo%20Frame.htm

not sure if is any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I have used a garmin nuvi, excellent. Features to look for Europe wide maps, as well as uk and ire. The ability to carry unit around with u, you will need to make make it comes with a mains adapter for this, handy if u were in London for example for weekend and wanted directions as u walk/ bus it around city

Be careful leaving sat nav in car. thieves love em,
    I heard of thieves who nick cars from airport car parks with sat nav, they know the car owner is out of country , they press "home" on sat nav and they are brought to the persons house .

U can get Sat nav on phones, expensive but handy

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Pixmania - bought garmin 250w last week from them good price good service.
    Check out their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Garmin Nuvi 250 for just over €150 from memoryc.com (based in Celbridge, Kildare) is a pretty good bargain

http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/systems/garminnuvi250.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

I saw the Garmin Nuvi 200W (Ireland and UK maps only) for EUR 169 in one of the Sunday papers... think it was in Dixons.

But check out that Nuvi 250 at MemoryC as well - they are Irish so if you believe in supporting Irish business go for that instead :)

-jayo

Advertisement