Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virtual Courtroom

• 24-04-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

could it be organised to open this and use it?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Are you volunteering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

thought it might be a great idea over the summer to run it. will have a lot of free time (well as much free time as studying for the fe1s will allow me).. any other takers? go on, we could set our own precedents :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

[Bump]
    hada wrote:
    go on, we could set our own precedents

Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can I be the defendant?
    Oh wait we'll leave that for some poster from Finglas :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was the defendant in the last trial. ;) I don't mind doing it again.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was the defendant in the last trial. ;) I don't mind doing it again.

Where was the last trial? Is it locked away in "The Courtroom" somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The last trial was abandoned. Nothing happened apart from picking the players.

Apply for your part with Tom Young. We've cooked up a fairly unambitious district court case which needs:
    1x judge
    1x accused
    2x lawyers (not exactly true to life, but what can you do)
    3x civilan witnesses
    3x garda witnesses

I would imagine it could take place in an hourly or two hourly slot running from a monday to a thursday. If there is enough interest and a helpful and friendly mod will open up "The Courtroom" I would imagine it could be run either next week or, more realistically 19th-22nd may.

So anyone who would like to take part should be available for most or all of this time.

I also don't know how the vbulletin system will work, people will need to be constantly refreshing their browser, and given that you have to wait 60 seconds between posts it might be very slow and tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Just like a real court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

I want to be the journalist covering the case/s in the district court.
    Pirelli for journalist - Hack - court reporter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id definately be interested.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have my doubts about how this is going to run. It will take a good few people to invest a lot of time and committment, but if you guys feel you're up to it, I wish you every bit of success.

The whole thing fell through last time because the fact scenario went back a bit far. Because of various discrepancies between court rules and how any evidence will be presented here, it's not going to be like a real court.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have my doubts about how this is going to run. It will take a good few people to invest a lot of time and committment, but if you guys feel you're up to it, I wish you every bit of success.

The whole thing fell through last time because the fact scenario went back a bit far. Because of various discrepancies between court rules and how any evidence will be presented here, it's not going to be like a real court.

I can set aside an hour or watever a day once im given a bit of notice :) If its in the wee hours of the morning even better :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

*bump*

Is this going to happen. Perhaps Tom could verify if he is considering it or Not.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Hear you. Just a little more coordination to happen.

Advertisement