Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUIG Legal Science

• 24-04-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hello, I posted this in the college law thread but decided to make a new thread as it is quite different. My enquiry has to do with Legal Science as part as the ARTS course in NUI Galway. I am thinking of keeping it on as 1 of my subjects in second year and would like some opinions on it. Is this a good path to do law? You hear everyone on about arts and how it can be a joke of a degree, does legal science come under this to a degree? The two parts of our course have been contract law and irish legal systems.

any opinions would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I do it myself (1st arts with Brian Tobin)

It's meant to be a back door into law for people, although I have no intention of making an LLB out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

it's all what you make of it yourself. if you want to do law, or at least keep it as an option, by all means keep it on to degree level. In second year, as far as I know, you do things like constitutional, human rights and a few other bits a bobs (not sure though). Why not talk to a lecturer about it? Although it might be hard to track one down as we're out of term now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

kick out the jams what you think of the year. i think first semester was really poor,didnt have a great understanding and wasnt prepared for what was going to pop up in the exam.the legal assignment wasnt too bad.the exam just there this week was a bit better and i hope its marked a bit easier than the last one.i think the marking was a bit harsh 1st semester,only 35 people got over 50% and am afraid i wasnt anywhere near that lol.

ya hada i think you have a wee bit on european law in second year too.seems like a good course although it is quite hard.

Advertisement