Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blakes 7: Possible new remake

• 24-04-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

I've never seen the whole series of this show but the episodes I've seen looked good. The fx are pretty dated though. Might be good if it gets off the ground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7364663.stm

A new remake of sci-fi series Blake's 7 could soon return to television screens, Sky One has revealed.

The satellite channel has given the green light for the development of two 60-minute scripts for a "potential event series".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I remember watching the original series on the BBC when it was first aired and I was gutted when it was cancelled , yeah the fx were a bit wooden but well worth watching for any sci-fi fan , hopefully it wil be as well made as the new Dr Who ,here's hoping fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll suck if it happens - lots of happy shiney people with Mid-Atlantic accents, MTV visuals and too loud music.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mike65 wrote: »
    Mid-Atlantic accents,

Because as we all know, in science-fiction-future, people will still have regional English accents ;)

Incidentally...would you have said either of the last two Doctors had "Mid Atlantic" accents?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I wonder if they'll have a new Avon and will he be as caustic and selfish as the original or more some sort of horrific Chandler in space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

fitzdragon wrote: »
    ...the fx were a bit wooden...
    ...the acting too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you never know, could be the next bsg

Advertisement