Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe we should start a "Top Tips" thread covering everthing from Head to Toe.

Options
  • 24-04-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Just responded to a thread about headbands,maybe we should do a "Top Tips" thread.i know there's lots of things i'd like to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i think we should make a Recommend me an entry level road bike sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

stick it in the wiki?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

any word on this wiki yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

oobydooby wrote: »
    any word on this wiki yet?
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Board:Cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Heres some tips I have, although I reckon half of yous know these already!

Cycling over painted road markings seem to lower rolling resistance. Go use. In a duathalon recently alot of folks were on the rough stuff. Go figure. Not surpisingly I did rudy well on the cycle while getting fairly roasted on the run.

I recently found on a Dublin to Cork cycle on my MTB that holding the bars near the middle reduces drag noticeably, although you do tend to be more unstable. Cant believe it took me years to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cycling over painted road markings is not a good idea in the wet though

ships plates, large steel sheets that are sometimes used in road repairs are lethal in the wet, might as well be ice.

Advertisement