Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Jobs in UL?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

I was hoping to stay close to UL this summer and was wondering if there were summer jobs available or are they easy to come by?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

You should be able to find something in the Castletroy area or even in town if you're able to get in/out. What kind of work are you looking for?

I'd suggest trying Dunnes, Storm Cinema, TK Maxx, PC World, Dixons etc. In the industrial estate down from UL you could try Cook Ireland, Vistakon or O2. If it's just for the summer and you can handle working shifts I'd suggest Vistakon or Cook as the money is great and although you might not get to take any holidays during the summer you do work a shift pattern so you'll have definite days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Or you could work in one of the villages...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I worked for O2 for three summers while i was in UL. It's full time work, the pay is pretty decent and you'll have worked up enough days at the end of the summer to have a weeks holiday pay. Dunno if they still do it, but they used to give the summer students a bonus at the end of the summer if they stayed until the start of september

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

SU Shop were looking for someone there for a while, dunno if its open during the summer though??

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

I worked for Campbells catering a couple of years back. There's conferences and things on, so they're busy enough, plus there's a load of spanish schoolkids on language courses here. It's awful work, but on the other hand the pay's crap. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

klong wrote: »
    Or you could work in one of the villages...

Is that the housekeeping positions they are advertising? Does anyone have any info about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

SoSueMe wrote: »
    Is that the housekeeping positions they are advertising? Does anyone have any info about it?

it's basically cleaning houses, changing beds etc. run of the mill housework.
    The villages are used in the summer for accommodation for people attending sports tournaments, courses etc in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Thomond Village have notices up advertising positions for summer housekeeping, head over and talk to reception about it.

Advertisement