Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell dimension 2300

Options
  • 24-04-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭

hi folks i know nothing about computers so i need to ask a question (its probably really stupid).there is a dimension 2300 in the house that im goona let the kids use coz i dont wanna let them at my new laptop.anyways i bought 2 sticks of 512 memory for it lastweek coz it only had 254.when i insert it into the two slots is there then something i need to change when i turn the PC back on so the extra ram is recognised ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

yabadabado wrote: »
    hi folks i know nothing about computers so i need to ask a question (its probably really stupid).there is a dimension 2300 in the house that im goona let the kids use coz i dont wanna let them at my new laptop.anyways i bought 2 sticks of 512 memory for it lastweek coz it only had 254.when i insert it into the two slots is there then something i need to change when i turn the PC back on so the extra ram is recognised ?

Not normally. Some Dells have a little hissy fit when you put extra RAM in and insist that you enter the BIOS to have a look and marvel at how roomy it all is in there and how bare everything looks and not much else really :)

They do helpfully tell you how to do this and how to exit after playing with the echoes for a while, so it's not too much inconvenience in the end really.

Advertisement