Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Kilbarrack Sorting Office

Options
  • 24-04-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I know a good few people on Boards live around this area so I figure someone might have an idea. I live in the Donahies so any packages used to go thru the Kilbarrack sorting office. If they were undelivered I could just walk down the road about 10 minutes and collect them.

Now, this time and last time I got an undelivered package thru An Post they're leaving them in Baldoyle Sorting Office. The latest undelivered notice has a list of the different sorting offices, Kilbarrack is no longer on it.

Is Kilbarrack S.O. closed?

It's a bloody pain in the arse trying to get to Baldoyle. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

IIRC Killbarrack was a SDS sorting office and An Post closed or are closing them so the chances are thats why its closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the info. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Estera

Hi. I've got info that my parcel was delivered today and delivery was attempted. they didn't leave not where can I colect my parcel. Only one info Killbarack Ireland. I would be very happy if somebody knows where is an post in Killbarack. PLease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

Estera wrote: »
    Hi. I've got info that my parcel was delivered today and delivery was attempted. they didn't leave not where can I colect my parcel. Only one info Killbarack Ireland. I would be very happy if somebody knows where is an post in Killbarack. PLease

The same problem. I was told it is very close to Howth Junction, however they didn't now the name of the street and the number. So, maybe someone would provide us precise address?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's on Kilbarrack Parade beside Naomh Barróg GAA Club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Estera

I asked my irish fried and he told me wher it is. Easy to find Killbarack Parade. I had fuuny story today. I went there to colect my parcel and the guy told me that my parcel is in the local office. Advice for everyone:check your lokal post office first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I think Baldoyle sorting office is closed down.

EDIT: see interesting link

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hermy wrote: »
    I think Baldoyle sorting office is closed down.

EDIT: see interesting link

Just moved to a new premises in the industrial estate about half a mile away from the original depot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's now in the Baldoyle Industrial Estate but isn't well sign-posted. Directions are: head into the estate, take the right, keep going straight until the end and it's on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

Dord wrote: »
    It's on Kilbarrack Parade beside Naomh Barróg GAA Club.

It’s correct. I went there this morning, without reading this post in advance, and managed to find it in my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ok, I have a similar query about this unclear depot.

I have not received my parcel, nor have I received an 'attempted delivery' note. But when I =input the tracking number online, it says it is in the Kilbarack sorting office....which I thought was closed.
    Can anybody tell me where it is? I can't find it on the anpost website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cant you get your parcels delivered to work?

Its apain in the arse trying to make sure you're in when the postman comes knocking and the sorting office is usually closed by the time i get home anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Unfortunately I can't get them delivered to work, but I can't agree with you enough about how ridiculous this service is.
    They send it back to the depot because you're at work, then they close the depot before you can finish work and get to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

You can get your packets sent to your work address if you miss it,costs about 3 euro to get it re-directed to your workplace.
    As for the opening hours ,most D.O.'s open from about 7 am to 6 pm ,thats an 11 hour window,unless your working 12 hr shifts most people would be able to collect before or after work.

I live in Kilbarrack and my post always goes to the Harmonstown depot, strange that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Zombie thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement