Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundabouts

Options
  • 24-04-2008 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I noticed that Avril Doyle has big posters of herself erected on the roundabouts all along the main road through Charlesland, is this legal? Shouldnt she have to ask permission from the management companies to put those up?

I think the roundabouts are really well kept (with our money of course) and It doesnt seem right that someone can come along and stick hoardings up on them for their own benefit. As far as I am aware the politicians only get an exemption from the litter laws when there is a general election on.

Anybody out there that can answer this one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I've seen some on the Southern access road, but I don't recall seeing any on the spine road or in the Wood. I can't speak for any of the other phases of Charlesland.

Of course, they shouldn't be on the roundabouts within Charlesland without permission of the overall management company.

If they're on the SAR, then the council can remove them and issue fines too. This applies to the GAA signs too. One rule for all...

If you want them removed, you can report them to the WCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

The GAA club have council approval as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

It's actually scarey how many people don't indicate when using round abouts around here so putting anything on a roundabout that might actually distract these drivers is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amaxwell

It's farcical how many people can't even use the correct lane went entering the roundabouts, never mid their inability to indicate correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I've seen some on the Southern access road, but I don't recall seeing any on the spine road or in the Wood. I can't speak for any of the other phases of Charlesland.

Of course, they shouldn't be on the roundabouts within Charlesland without permission of the overall management company.

If they're on the SAR, then the council can remove them and issue fines too. This applies to the GAA signs too. One rule for all...

If you want them removed, you can report them to the WCC.

Sorry - it was the Southern Access road, I didnt know it was called that. I rang the council and they said they dont have juristiction on that road yet, that it was a matter for the management companies.

They did say they have recieved several compaints about them being posted around Greystones and that they will ring her constituency office to politely ask for their removal. I wonder if I put up a big banner on the roundabouts advertising my car for sale would they be so polite;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wineman wrote: »
    Sorry - it was the Southern Access road, I didnt know it was called that. I rang the council and they said they dont have juristiction on that road yet, that it was a matter for the management companies.

who's responsible for the streetlights not working at the Greystones end then? and why don't they have jurisdiction over it yet?
    and does this mean that we're still paying for the grasscutting etc?
    we should charge a toll for non-Charlesland residents....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

loyatemu wrote: »
    we should charge a toll for non-Charlesland residents....

There's a good Public-Private Partnership initiative if I've ever seen one! But they won't be able to see the Toll booths without the lights workin'. :p

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement