Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip weight.

Options
  • 24-04-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Are there any restrictions with the weight of what you put in a skip. I am planning to take down two boundary walls and dig foundations for a shed and the only way I can think of getting rid of it all is to hire a skip. There will be quite a lot of debris so does weight matter so long as I don't go above sides of skip. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

As far as I can remember you pay by the weight
    you'll pay differeent rates for contaminated skips(i.e wood, plaster,block,soil mixed)
    the wight restrictions could be goverened by the ability of truck to lift skip
    skips should not be filled above water level but you'll be advised on all theses when the skip arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe that's true in the trade. For domestic skip hire I've never heard of charges varying with content or weight, just the size of the skip. We got one recently and paid in advance, online. Put quite a few concrete blocks into it and a good bit of rubble, as we'd had a partition wall demolished. They don't seem to have a problem with the load level, either, the guy collecting it actually said "you know you could get a good bit more stuff on top of that if you want" :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

we use Thortons and they charge us by skip load. There is a cheapers rate for wood only and plasterboard only skips.

there are loads of skip firms in the yellow pages. just make sure they dont drop it some where awkward for you to fill.:)

Advertisement