Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good comebacks

• 24-04-2008 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I was just talking to someone

about when you are arguing with someone and can't think of a good comeback. He told me about someting he oes in that situation. He acts like a bollix arond the person to try and start the argument again! does ayone else out there do this?

also, so the thread isn't full of yes no etc.. answers, any good funny comebacks?

e.g. if i wanted comeback, i'd wipe it off YORE MA's chin :pac::D:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

No need for all that.
    YORE MA!! will just suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

about when you are arguing with someone and can't think of a good comeback. He told me about someting he oes in that situation. He acts like a bollix arond the person to try and start the argument again! does ayone else out there do this?

also, so the thread isn't full of yes no etc.. answers, any good funny comebacks?

I love how you left a considerable gap between "I was just talking to someone" and the rest of your post. It draws attention to it...like it's a big deal. Good for you. First time in a long time, was it?

I had no witty comment to make, so I thought I'd troll and post later with one... I might have to troll a few times :/
    So, er, to answer your question: Nooooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Elvis Las Vegas in 68 has to be up there, Liverpool 05 in Galatasary was also pretty impressive but for sheer determination and doggedness Pighead would have to give it to Jesus Christ for his Jerusalem comeback spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nearly all of Hulk Hogan's matches. *hulks up* Also Popeye V Brutus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good one.

• Advertisement

Bobby Ewing in Dallas although technically that wasn't a proper comeback as it was all just an elaborate dream plotline. Cracking programme in its day that Dallas, money, sneaky fcukers and loose women are always a good combination but that whole plotline stank of desperation and backpeddling. Suppose it done the jhob though as we're all sitting here writing about it 20 odd years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I don't believe you. Pics or STFU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bobby was an excellent come back. He was showering the whole time! Amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

John Travolta. After starring in those girly singing and dancing movies in his early years (Grease, Saterday Night Fever, etc) you'd think that would be the end of him. But noooooo, years later johnny came back big time as an all action, butt kicking, mega movie star.

Good on ya, JT.

Thrill wrote: »
    John Travolta. After starring in those girly singing and dancing movies in his early years (Grease, Saterday Night Fever, etc) you'd think that would be the end of him. But noooooo, years later johnny came back big time as an all action, butt kicking, mega movie star.

Good on ya, JT.
    Very good one, Pigheads actually a bit miffed he didn't highlight that one earlier. Pressure on now to top that one.....................Dennis Taylor 85 8-1 down against Davis and ends up winning 18-7 on the final black. Bah, thats rubbish not a patch on the Travolta one. 1-0 to Thrill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That's what you think.
    No need for all that.
    YORE MA!! will just suffice.

That's what you think.
    Karoma wrote: »
    I love how you left a considerable gap between "I was just talking to someone" and the rest of your post. It draws attention to it...like it's a big deal. Good for you. First time in a long time, was it?

I had no witty comment to make, so I thought I'd troll and post later with one... I might have to troll a few times :/
    So, er, to answer your question: Nooooo.

So your sh*tty sniffling inane opinion is what exactly??
    Pighead wrote: »
    Elvis Las Vegas in 68 has to be up there, Liverpool 05 in Galatasary was also pretty impressive but for sheer determination and doggedness Pighead would have to give it to Jesus Christ for his Jerusalem comeback spectacular.

That's what you think.
    Ruu wrote: »
    Nearly all of Hulk Hogan's matches. *hulks up* Also Popeye V Brutus.

Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.
    Sherifu wrote: »

So is your face.
    Bobby Ewing in Dallas although technically that wasn't a proper comeback as it was all just an elaborate dream plotline. Cracking programme in its day that Dallas, money, sneaky fcukers and loose women are always a good combination but that whole plotline stank of desperation and backpeddling. Suppose it done the jhob though as we're all sitting here writing about it 20 odd years later.

That's what you think.
    Joe Robot wrote: »
    I don't believe you. Pics or STFU!

That's what you think.
    biko wrote: »
    Bobby was an excellent come back. He was showering the whole time! Amazing!

That's what you think.
    Thrill wrote: »

Good on ya, JT.

That's what you think
    Very good one, Pigheads actually a bit miffed he didn't highlight that one earlier. Pressure on now to top that one.....................Dennis Taylor 85 8-1 down against Davis and ends up winning 18-7 on the final black. Bah, thats rubbish not a patch on the Travolta one. 1-0 to Thrill.

So?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

So is your face.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think

So?
    Now you said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yer man padre pio has just came back after 40 years. i wonder what his comeback single will be like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

yer man padre pio has just came back after 40 years. i wonder what his comeback single will be like
    God Put A Smile On My Face!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

sitting with the bro one day in a pub and he say's
    "I wouldn't ride yerone with your mickey"
    "To f**kin right" say's I,
    "you wouldn't have the ares to push it";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Harold Bishop returning in Neighbours when he was suspected to have died after being swept out to sea. Savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Harold Bishop returning in Neighbours when he was suspected to have died after being swept out to sea. Savage

dont count madge out either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The-Rigger: Don't get your little brain confused now; this still aint the Thunderdome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I favour "cram it up your cramhole" works in every scenario

Combined with the t-shirt ;)

DOAS1001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yeah but my da would kill your da.

or

Yeah well my mickey is bigger than your mickey.

or if sh1t got real fuked up

Yeah well my da's mickey is bigger than your da's mickey.

Basically anything that involves Das or mickeys are really the cream of the crop in these kind of situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well if Davis was getting deducted frames then of course he lost.

+1 to that. Never forget him turning up on the Robinson's doorstep collecting for the Salvo's and not having a breeze who anyone was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

My ones:

I would'nt call her ugly, but lets just say shes a very good advertisement for homosexuality.

Your/Her/His mother must have been fond of wedding cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

when i was workin on the fun fair we used to have all the fcukwits doin stupid things on the bumpin cars and what not so we'd always give out and they'd be cheeky etc. Best thing i said to one of them was were you dropped on your head as a kid? he'd try and be funny with a quck No as a reply to which i smiled and shouted at him and made sure his friends waiting in line heard - nayurally stupid then? he quickly lost his smile and his friends ripped the piss outta him all night.

5 year olds gotta love them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

"Were you born a gob$hite or did you take lessons?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

"After meeting you, I've decided I'm in favour of abortion in cases of incest."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The 2005 Champions League final?

"You should have been a blowjob."

"The best part of you dribbled down your mother's thighs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

So is your face.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think.

That's what you think

So?

Thats not what you said last night.

Oh and eh, the Krusty comeback special was a good show.

That someone you were speaking sounds like a slow muppet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

"Grow up !"

its pretty much fcuking bullet proof as a come back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mate of mine was working in Japan for a few months, and one of his drinking friends was a 20-stone jamaican girl. One night, the two were sitting at the bar, and a random japanese guy came over to the jamaican girl and, just outright said "Wow, you're very fat, aren't you?". Her response: "Nah, I'm not fat. You're just looking at me in widescreen through those squinty eyes, you yellow-skinned bastard".

Thats a bit of a harsh reply (but funny). I find with many types of Asian cultures they readily point out if someone is fat or not. I'm not sure they do it to insult, I think it's just their way.
    I was getting a massage before and the thai lady poked my belly and said fat, fat :) I laughed at it, but I could see how someone more sensitive would be really pissed off to be paying to be told that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Mate of mine was working in Japan for a few months, and one of his drinking friends was a 20-stone jamaican girl. One night, the two were sitting at the bar, and a random japanese guy came over to the jamaican girl and, just outright said "Wow, you're very fat, aren't you?". Her response: "Nah, I'm not fat. You're just looking at me in widescreen through those squinty eyes, you yellow-skinned bastard".

He should have bet the crap out of her! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Well considering that their Sumo wrestlers are national heroes I doubt they are as hung up about weight as Westerners are. It's probably more similar to saying "Oh your hair is very blonde isn't it"...now that I think of it, that could be taken as an insult too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

me and my friends have lovely chamring comebacks suitable for your ladies of today.

yeh **** off and die
    go kill yourself
    no one loves you go crawl back under your rock
    id love to smak the oompa loompa out of her
    your da bent over the sofa
    go glue your legs together you slut
    your the cum your ma should have swallowed
    piss off and lick my flaps

obviously we dont mean them...we overuse them aswell and put them in when their not needed...ie.want a crisp?**** off and die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

me and my friends have lovely chamring comebacks suitable for your ladies of today.

yeh **** off and die
    go kill yourself
    no one loves you go crawl back under your rock
    id love to smak the oompa loompa out of her
    your da bent over the sofa
    go glue your legs together you slut
    your the cum your ma should have swallowed
    piss off and lick my flaps

obviously we dont mean them...we overuse them aswell and put them in when their not needed...ie.want a crisp?**** off and die
    Get yourself and your friends into the thunderdome. Stat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

:D:D

Cock-boy scene from 'Harold and Kumar' FTW:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

"Because I can!"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dirty den in eastenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

danniemcq wrote: »
    when i was workin on the fun fair we used to have all the fcukwits doin stupid things on the bumpin cars and what not so we'd always give out and they'd be cheeky etc. Best thing i said to one of them was were you dropped on your head as a kid? he'd try and be funny with a quck No as a reply to which i smiled and shouted at him and made sure his friends waiting in line heard - nayurally stupid then? he quickly lost his smile and his friends ripped the piss outta him all night.

5 year olds gotta love them :p

Wow, 5 year olds...you the man. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Just wondering how Taylor, who was 8 frames to one down went on to win 18 to 7 - What happened to Steves 8th frame ???

Edit: Fu(k you Xavi and your similar attention to detail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Brandon de Wilde's tear-jerking cry to Alan Ladd in the closing scene of the movie "shane"..
    ""Shane--come back, Shane! ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

Just speak from the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

keep it up and i'll rape your father...

that badboy works everytime. heres the deluxe version

keep it up kid, i'll follow ya home, tie up your mother, tape her eyes open, then make her watch me rape your father.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Maybe it's cause I'm tired but that is some seriously funny stuff longshanks.

The 2005 Champions League final?
    Srsly?

Advertisement