Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the Garda complete Article 7's?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I was just up with my local sargent and am a bit confused. I'm swopping the pistol I have and I'm getting another one in from Germany. The sarge says that once I produce my letter of surrender, he'll update my cert with the new gun's details and send it to the local super to get the article 7. He says the super has the forms there and they don't come from Justice. Is he mistaken and thinking of the Garda Export/Removal authorisation??
    I thought you just sent your stuff into Justice and they sent you the Article 7 in the post?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I think the Super can just do a variation on your old Article 7:
    1. Where—
      1. a certificate relating to a firearm identified in a European Firearms Pass or a document referred to in Regulation 9 (2) (a) (ii) (an "Article 7 Authority") has been issued is varied, revoked or cancelled; or
      2. the Minister gives notice that any information contained in paragraph 6 (1) or 6 (2) of the European Firearms Pass needs to be modified by addition, deletion or variation; or
      3. the holder of a European Firearms Pass applies to have particulars of another firearm added to the pass,
      it shall be the duty of the Superintendent of the Garda Síochána for the district in which the holder of the pass or authority resides to make such variations of the pass or authority as are appropriate in consequence of the variation, revocation, cancellation, notice or application or, where appropriate, to cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The Gardai do the Article 7, the DoJ produce the Article 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

IRLConor wrote: »
    I think the Super can just do a variation on your old Article 7:
    I initially got the pistol here in Ireland, so never had one in the first place, but appreciated all the same.
    rrpc wrote:
    The Gardai do the Article 7, the DoJ produce the Article 11.
    Thanks for the clarification. Case Closed. :)

Advertisement