Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO in Dublin sky at about 8.35 tonight

Options
  • 24-04-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Did any of you see this?

My friend and I came out of college tonight at about 8.35. In the sky in the distance was a really weird shaped object moving upwards. It looked like a burst balloon floating upwards. It was black.

We then realised it was moving across the sky towards us. We were outside Griffith college and it was coming from West to East.

It kept changing shape as it moved towards us. Sometimes it looked like a saucer and other times it looked like stealth bomber. It kept changing shape.

It was moving at a constant speed, quite fast. I would say we had about 30 seconds to watch it in total.

It was making no noise and it was quite high up in the sky. It was about half the height of where a plane normally is.

As it passed overhead, I could see it was shaped like a small safety pin. Again, it kept changing shape.

It did not have wings or a long body.

As it went passed us and off into the distance, it remained at the constant speed, and kept changing shape.

By changing shape I mean if you could imagine holding a safety pin and moving it around.

It definitely was not a plane. It was silent and moving quite fast.

I do not believe in UFO's and I normally think people who do are crazy, but seriously, we both saw this and it was really freaky.

Did anyone else see it?

The direction was like it was from tallaght to ballsbridge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

Dont worry 'bout it, was only just

YOR MAH!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

What were you smoking before you left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

damned students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not drinking or smoking! Totally sober and in a studying mood. My friend saw it as well. He was freaked.

Honestly, I have no explanation for what we saw. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It was our collective sense of superiority out for an evening meldge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah, that ketamine. when it works, fuchk does it work

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

:eek:

Tin foil hats all round ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was expecting the OP to end with a bel air.

To answer your question, no i didn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Did you not use your mobile phones to take pictures or video?

I'll draw some pictures of it later and post them online.

If you could imagine a stealth bomber flying overhead and wobbling/moving weirdly, you have an idea what it looked like.

Does anyone know if stealth bombers make no noise? This thing was totally silent.

It was moving in an exact straight line at a continuous speed. The wobbling was not making it change direction.

• Advertisement

Celticfire wrote: »
    Did you not use your mobile phones to take pictures or video?

Can you believe I thought I was filming but I actually had my phone on camera (not video.)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Weather Balloon.

No, it was definitely not a weather ballon. It was changing shape. Sometimes it was square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Is this a wind-up, dublindude?:)

You've given me a few laughs the last few months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Stealth bombers make noise, a lot of noise. Saw one at an airshow in the states years ago.

I'm not taking the mick here but myself and a good mate saw something very similar to what dublindude decribes, flying off the coast of Blackrock in Louth about 12 years ago...we'd had a few, but not that much and were sitting by the side of the road having a cigarette and we looked up and it's just sort of floated past...the sky was dark but the "plane" was darker in front of it, no real running lights, absolutely no noise and fom what we could gauge looked ot be about 30-40m long nad at a height of about 200m. We still talk about it the odd time, still no explanation for it and not the sort of thing you take up in normal conversatikon with anyone else, because you'll just get the usual responses and ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Ah sure it's only visiters from the future. They keep to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Could be a secret US military aircraft...

If they can engineer something like this and its public imagine the cool secret sci fi goodies they have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Davidius wrote: »
    Ah sure it's only visiters from the future. They keep to themselves.
    Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

eh,i think its time for the men in white coats to be deployed...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm... I think the Brazillian balloon flying priest may have been found :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

classic..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Griffith College, I live two minutes from there.:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

dublindude wrote: »
    Did any of you see this?

My friend and I came out of college tonight at about 8.35. In the sky in the distance was a really weird shaped object moving upwards. It looked like a burst balloon floating upwards. It was black.

Congratulations dublindude, I think you've found the missing Brazilian Priest.

ffs why dont I read most messages in threads? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hmm... I think the Brazillian balloon flying priest may have been found :p
    Lol,first thing that came to my head when I saw the thread title!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I hope they bring back Elvis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

dublindude wrote: »
    I'll draw some pictures of it later and post them online.

If you could imagine a stealth bomber flying overhead and wobbling/moving weirdly, you have an idea what it looked like.

Does anyone know if stealth bombers make no noise? This thing was totally silent.

It was moving in an exact straight line at a continuous speed. The wobbling was not making it change direction.

Obviously a it wouldn't make noise, that's why they're stealthy, they sneak up on you from 5 inches and break your neck with a choke hold, wait did you say Stealth Bomber, i thought you said you saw Solid Snake:rolleyes: my bad.

Seriously though no a stealth bomber dosen't make any noise when flying nor would you be able to see one because they fly to far up, maybe you saw an American spy plane, any minute now the Americans will accuse us of having Weapons of Mass Destruction hidden in a field somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Nerin wrote: »

You'll also proberly need a girl who has OCD and a dead wife who can predict the future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Riddle101 wrote: »
    You'll also proberly need a girl who has OCD and a dead wife who can predict the future
    nah,see since i sat through the whole film, i dont need the dead wife, because now I know whats going to happen.
    the bath is also to get rid of the need for the annoying little girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

Advertisement