Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO in Dublin sky at about 8.35 tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Congratulations dublindude, I think you've found the missing Brazilian Priest.

ffs why dont I read most messages in threads? :(

You bold bold person :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

sounds like an albatross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 JODEAL

my dad seen it last night around 7pm he's in dundrum, he called me to take a look but i couldn't see it i am in rathfarnham at the foot of the mountains. about 30 minutes later i spotted it but it was too far away from me to make out any details, my dad got quite a good look at it as he reckoned it was only a couple of hundred feet high when he seen it, he described it as about 2 ft in diameter and maybe 20 ft long , although i dont think at those distances you have quite the same perspective so i wouldn't take that as gospel, he was quite adamant though that it was black and sausage shaped, he also had the impression that it was being controlled rather than drifting aimlessly, he is dying to know what it was, hence my prescence on the board, so if anyone finds out please post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Some manner of radio controlled aircraft which I eh..... people probably use to buzz unsuspecting students and freak them out.

nah i reckon it was some sort of weather balloon, albeit a strange looking one, just trying to find out if anyone else saw it and what they made of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

with the way the weather has been over the last few days it could have been people out with remote controlled planes etc...

except it was much bigger than that, it is probably going to turn out to be something very ordinary and boring, but it's definitely niggling away at my dad trying to figure it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

JODEAL wrote: »
    except it was much bigger than that, it is probably going to turn out to be something very ordinary and boring, but it's definitely niggling away at my dad trying to figure it out

A very big remote control plane maybe?

that looks to quote my dad "like a big black sausage" possible i suppose but not likely

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

While walking to work at 7.30am up around Walkinstown, I saw a strange object in the sky, moving side to side and up and down.... then it just vanished.... blink of an eye! So I believe people when they see things...I just don't go shouting it from the roof tops coze most people just think your crazy. :) Sigh... shouldn't this be in the Science section and not Dublin City? :rolleyes: UFO's are everywhere!! (Twilight zone music) :D

• Advertisement

i only posted here in reply to the first post and due to the fact that my dad is bugging me to find out what i can about this thing i am not suggesting for a second that we are dealing with alien life forms, if they exist i assume they would have more sense than to come near us, as i said a few posts back it will turn out to be something very mundane

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

thats so cool. Im going to do taht tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It certainly was a UFO, and that's 4 sure > seeing as UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, which it was, & still is :)

as i said i was not close enough to see it properly, but that certainly looks like what my dad described, thanks cork , whats the odds there will be a few of them floating around this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainey.

spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Darith

Not sure if this was a ufo or satelite i saw at around this time. Went out to put the cover on the bike and i saw a very bright star moving i think towards the plough constellation. Although it's brightness immediatley dimed after about 15 seconds to near nothing and it disappeared near the plough ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Darith wrote: »
    Not sure if this was a ufo or satelite i saw at around this time. Went out to put the cover on the bike and i saw a very bright star moving i think towards the plough constellation. Although it's brightness immediatley dimed after about 15 seconds to near nothing and it disappeared near the plough ?!

If it resembled a star, it's probably just a satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

Yes i saw something too... around that time maybe a bit earlier I was in Kilbarrack and saw two objects with red lights rise straight up from behind the houses coming from the direction of Raheny.

one of them headed straight above my head while the other one lingered and then followed the path of the first one.

I was picking up two friends and i pointed them out but none of us could figure out what they were. They didn't look like they were at a high altitude but crossed the whole arc of the sky pretty quickly.

I'm not a ufo believer but its had me freaked out all night, so when i got home I started googling and ended up finding this thread.

I'm not taking the piss with this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

chinese laterns?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

CHINESE LANTERSN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sky diver

JODEAL wrote: »
    my dad seen it last night around 7pm he's in dundrum, he called me to take a look but i couldn't see it i am in rathfarnham at the foot of the mountains. about 30 minutes later i spotted it but it was too far away from me to make out any details, my dad got quite a good look at it as he reckoned it was only a couple of hundred feet high when he seen it, he described it as about 2 ft in diameter and maybe 20 ft long , although i dont think at those distances you have quite the same perspective so i wouldn't take that as gospel, he was quite adamant though that it was black and sausage shaped, he also had the impression that it was being controlled rather than drifting aimlessly, he is dying to know what it was, hence my prescence on the board, so if anyone finds out please post.
    sky diver here I have seen this light in the night sky tonight at the same time as you ,I'v seen it other times ,always at the same of night,travelling south

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Welcome Jim Corr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I'll draw some pictures of it later and post them online.

Will these pictures count as evidence.

Advertisement