Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Skangermobiles online

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

I actually quite like those wheels, it's very hard to find good rims with thin, elegant spokes these days, and the subtle dish is... dishy. Yes they're too big to be practical, but again, that's his business. Maybe it's just a cruiser, or his commute is along a motorway. Well done to the guy for at least trying to differentiate himself from all the boring stockboxes out there.

Or gal, though it seems unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

What happened to the good old days of this thread by finding a bright Green Corsa with a giant spoiler attached, it seems nowadays there is a push to redefine what skanger is or perhaps it is just getting more difficult to find outrageous examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

What happened to the good old days of this thread by finding a bright Green Corsa with a giant spoiler attached, it seems nowadays there is a push to redefine what skanger is or perhaps it is just getting more difficult to find outrageous examples.

Oh no I have one, I just need to get it off the brothers phone, its a red colt, mahoosive spoiler, oversized side skirts, bonnet vents, the works.....its shocking looking

I'll try get it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

If only I could have snuck a photo of the gorgeous Corsa I saw in New Ross today. 5 door, hubcaps, not a single straight panel on it .... and someone went to the expense of covering it in chameleon paint! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That E60 isn't overly low. I can't see the top of my rear wheels, let alone my tyres, at least they can! My choice, I like it. Don't like it, tough sh*t, see if it bothers me

Speed bumps don't bother me too much either. Yet to be defeated by one or cause a nuisance crabbing. So I don't see a problem there. Maybe others do, but that's their problem making their problem everyone elses problem.

It's not skanger either. Skanger is absurdly and horribly modified with tasteless bodykits, mistreatment and usually on some absolute dirtbox, which the E60 isn't, now is it...

Seriously, think about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I agree, not a scanger, but she is not a looker too.

I guess I am just not a fan of lowering and putting stupid size wheels with barely any profile tyres. Each to its own.
    I specially hate when people do this to Subarus though. It should be outlawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I guess I am just not a fan of lowering and putting stupid size wheels with barely any profile tyres. Each to its own.

Completely agree, there are just some cars that are meant to be left untouched, but some dirty car molester will get one and make bits of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

dgt wrote: »
    Skanger is absurdly and horribly modified with tasteless bodykits, mistreatment and usually on some absolute dirtbox.

Pretty much got it bang on there!

Thankfully, cars like this Saxo are getting rarer on our roads.

32562801.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

131spanner wrote: »

32562801.jpeg
    funny thing about saxo.s is in 10 years time they will be worth a fortune like 205.s or Renault 5.s.if I had storage I would buy them up instead of giving my money to Canada life every year 4 my pension:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

massy086 wrote: »
    funny thing about saxo.s is in 10 years time they will be worth a fortune like 205.s or Renault 5.s.if I had storage I would buy them up instead of giving my money to Canada life every year 4 my pension:p

No they won't.. Who told you 205's and Renault 5's are worth a fortune??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

131spanner wrote: »

32562801.jpeg

ewwwwwwww:o

m3 mirrors- minging eyebrows-4 spotlights just like a racecar:pac:
    -lexarse lights-ghyey bodykit and tiny engine:(
    celica gt4 bonnet scoop nailed on as you do:D
    jumper cables in the passo seat "just in case;)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Speaking of subarus I saw an imprezza last week with bonnet scoop, except the gob****e put it on the roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Speaking of subarus I saw an imprezza last week with bonnet scoop, except the gob****e put it on the roof

That's the factory STI aircon, silly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

or a halford special....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I guess we are talking about these? They were standard on some STI versions. Its a Vent.

Autolifers-Subaru-Impreza-GC8-Type-R-STI-WRX-VersionVI-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

^ Still my favourite shaped Impreza, the 22B were just unreal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is the 22B the rare one that sells for insane money? I think there was one for sale on DD not so long ago for something like €25k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I guess we are talking about these? They were standard on some STI versions. Its a Vent.

Fair enough, never realised they were standard. Thought it looked ridiculous especially considering the rest of the car was standard and no body kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Tallaght?

Seen the same couldn't stop laughing. Didnt look like the pic above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Was that in Newbridge?
    There's one of those going around newbridge, full STI stickerbomb and body kit but it's a 1.6 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

deaglan169 wrote: »

Not exactly a skangermobile, just an idiot seller.

Does anyone actually think that a "car in water" picture actually looks good? Especially if youre trying to sell the bloody thing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I could imagine him hopping out of the car in wellies saying "this is going to be class......lad".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

djimi wrote: »

Does anyone actually think that a "car in water" picture actually looks good? Especially if youre trying to sell the bloody thing :confused:

Let's hope GvidoR doesn't see your post! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Is the 22B the rare one that sells for insane money? I think there was one for sale on DD not so long ago for something like €25k?

That was an sti spec c wasn't it? Of the newer model?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

330d 520d 525d 530d evo 4 5 6 7 8 9 skyline 180 sx altezza nissan gtr s13 s14 s15 turbo Sline Golf mk5 tdi ae86 toyota chaser Impreza audi a4 bmw kitted accord silvia drift car m3 msport volkswagen integra dc5 rwd ek9 type r sir sti r32 ps13 is200 cosworth euro r passat toledo diesel twincam ae86 e60 s2000 civic 318is rs focus rb25 rx7 rx8 a4

Now that just screams skanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

If its still water and gives a decent reflection then it can make for a decent photo. When the car is parked in a moving stream it's a bit pointless and just makes the seller look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

car & water = skanger

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Swirl flaps removed

If you know what I mean...
    if-you-know-what-i-mean-127.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

This one is a show car apparently.

30284349.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Not remotely skanger. It has what I think are brabus rims and a tint.... Why in the name of f*ck is it in here???

This place gets stupider by the day

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Not remotely skanger. It has what I think are brabus rims and a tint.... Why in the name of f*ck is it in here???

Nothing wrong with the car but the ad is full of skanger vocabulary in fairness.

MINT!!!!
    LOOK CLASS!!
    TURNS HEADS EVERYWERE
    THIS IS A MINTER.!
    NO TIMEWASTERS

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Maybe he's just 'testing the water'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Nothing says AMG like a big heavy slushbox e200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

dantastic wrote: »
    Maybe he's just 'testing the water'.

You coats over there ->

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I was referring more to the arrogance of the seller than the car itself.
    Alloys, tints, calling it a show car and jacking up the price.

Lads, if the car is normal and the add is ****, start a **** add thread.

I'm hating what this I'd becoming, it makes me wish I could ban people.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Lads, if the car is normal and the add is ****, start a **** add thread.

I'm hating what this I'd becoming, it makes me wish I could ban people.

There was such a thread at some point was there not? I know there is a dreamers thread, but thats more to do with clowns who think that their 14 year old ****box is worth as much as a new Lexus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

There was such a thread at some point was there not? I know there is a dreamers thread, but thats more to do with clowns who think that their 14 year old ****box is worth as much as a new Lexus!

I do think there was but I can't for the life of me think of what it was.

• Advertisement

Mint BMW, just failed NCT I'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭stalebread

So bad I don't know where to begin http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7569814
    MERCDES BENZ S320 COUPE 1995

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

stalebread wrote: »
    So bad I don't know where to begin http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7569814
    MERCDES BENZ S320 COUPE 1995

Is that a taxi meter?

Is that a taxi meter?

I really don't know what it is?
    Terrible metal flake in the paint
    Handles off a saucepan screwed into centre console I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

stalebread wrote: »
    I really don't know what it is?
    Terrible metal flake in the paint
    Handles off a saucepan screwed into centre console I think

Looks to me more like a handle off a drawer in a kitchen. I didn't notice them at first but after I read your post i went back and looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

same dopey small time dealer who has this bulletproof windows merc for sale- its called double glazing eejit!:P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercdes-s280-1998-bulletproof-windows/7561269 also the usual bullsheeet claims of 1owne:rolleyes:r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is that a taxi meter?

Looks like a trip meter for a rally car:eek::eek:. But I think it is a taxi meter. Tom,Elaine and Sam have a number of buckets of ****e for sale including an S class with Bullet Proof windows:rolleyes:.
    May text them and tell them it's just double glazed. A 280 merc couldn't handle bullet proofing.:P

Looks to me more like a handle off a drawer in a kitchen. I didn't notice them at first but after I read your post i went back and looked.

At least owner is imercrating whatever that is sounds sore:-)

Looks like a trip meter for a rally car:eek::eek:. But I think it is a taxi meter. Tom,Elaine and Sam have a number of buckets of ****e for sale including an S class with Bullet Proof windows:rolleyes:.
    May text them and tell them it's just double glazed. A 280 merc couldn't handle bullet proofing.:P

Why text them? Just arrive to view the car, pull out a gun and put a couple through the windows, tell them they're talking out if their arse and then leave.

After I buy that merc I'll need something for the misses

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6783908
    suzuki ignis sport 27kms

Have seen that in the flesh a few times. Worse bloody luck.
    American style flames dear CHRIST on a fecking Suzuki

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement