Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval Total War II Kingdoms p!ssing me off

Options
  • 24-04-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

I bought total war II kingdoms a few days ago and I've been unable to install it.

I downloaded the 1.1patch which worked but the 1.2 patch which is included with the game freezes at around 60%.
    My computer is able to run Total War II (vanilla version) absolutely fine, does anyone have any advice?

Vista,1gigRAM,Nvidia 8600GT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

basically ur gonna have to do a good ole uninstall of total war 2 , reinstall, then install kingdoms (the installation of kingdoms takes AGESSSS) depending on how good your cpu/PC is ,its still gonna take agessss, also disable any firewall/antivirus software u may have other wise its not gonna install.

If you have norton forget it , uninstall that before installing anything else

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

How long did you leave it at 60% out of interest. As I recall Kingdoms took forever to install for me - one of the longest installs in recent memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I was so sick of it's downloading that I left it on overnight.

When I woke up, it was still at 60%.

I installed it finally due to safe mode.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I was so sick of it's downloading that I left it on overnight.

When I woke up, it was still at 60%.

I installed it finally due to safe mode.

Well better late than never :) Its a great expansion - enjoy. Just make sure to move the Irish Capital from Cork to Dublin AS SOON AS POSSIBLE when playing the Irish campaign. There are serious metaphysical reasons for doing so which do not warrant discussion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

How much is this and where can I get a copy without ordering?

• Advertisement

You can buy it from Steam for US$30

Advertisement