Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you buy? Singleplayer or Multiplayer

• 24-04-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭

Looking through a few of the "which format" threads and something that's coming up pretty often is which console will offer the best multiplayer experience.

For me GTA games have always been about the single player campaign. I couldn't give a toss about playing multiplayer but I was wondering where others stand on this.

So why are you buying GTA 4? For singleplayer or multiplayer?

I'm buying GTA 4 mostly for 44 votes

singleplayer campaign
    0% 0 votes
    multiplayer modes
    90% 40 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    9% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Singeplayer for sure.

It should keep me content until mid-july and perhaps longer. Multiplayer will only prolong the life of GTA IV in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lets be honest the multiplayer in san andreas was'nt upto much.Proper multiplayer(albeit online) will be an all new experiance for a gta game.However in the previous games the singleplayer was so entertaining there was never any need or desire for it.IMO the multiplayer in 4 is just another dimension to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Multiplayer is going to be a huge thing for me just read the article on it on ign and you will see how much more it will bring to the game. Its going to have a huge community which will make the game last for so much longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It started off single player... and I don't need to finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For me I never buy games for the multiplayer, single all the way. I have never even played CoD4 or Halo 3 online, just doesn't do it for me. I tried a bit of GRAW and one game of GoW online and just don't see the appeal myself.

The GTA series is all about the single player, if they ever made a MMO GTA game I wouldn't buy it. I might see what GTA4 is like online but not untill I'm bored silly of the single player and done everything.

• Advertisement

It's a ''no-brainer'' really, this is the far from the first installment and we've never had multi-player to play and the game still sold massivly, tbh i doubt there would be any less hype about it was it just single-player only!

The multi-player is just a bonus. I would pay extra for multi-player and i'm sure a lot would agree with me, just a lovely free inclusion IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Am I right in guessing that there's no multiplayer offline? As in playing with some friends sitting next to you? I don't want online cos I'm the only one of my friends to have a console! They all just play my PS2 and Xbox360 the cheapskates!

kaji wrote: »
    Am I right in guessing that there's no multiplayer offline? As in playing with some friends sitting next to you? I don't want online cos I'm the only one of my friends to have a console! They all just play my PS2 and Xbox360 the cheapskates!

So what if your friends don't have it?. Why is that a reason to miss out on an amazing feature of your next gen console, Unless you've 10-16 friends online at the same time to play(all with the same game), you'd never have a proper online game of any muti-player (online game).

Who cares who you play online?, you don't gain points in 99% of games if your playing your friends(private rooms)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Its really 70% single player & 30% multi player.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i know this is gonna sound stupid but god i hope the mulitplayer is **** lol,
    with 100 or so hours in the singleplayer the last thing i need is to end up addicted to another multiplayer extraveganza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have never even played CoD4 or Halo 3 online

You really are missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I would totally still be buying this even if it had no multiplayer at all. The addition of multiplayer to GTA4 is just the icing on the cake :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Both for defo, was definitly getting it before i heard the multiplayer modes too though, ....83 hours to go...wooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Console games single player, pc for multi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CBoy07

I only found out about the multiplayer yesterday and since I was planning on buying GTA 4 for months its obvious why Im buying it! :D:D

I will give it a go online but I cant really see the apeal of GTA online, it would be way too easy to die and since I have a reasonably high rank on Warhawk you cant say Im biased!!! :):) :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I wouldn't have cared less if there was no multiplayer mode, but seeing as there is one I'll definitely check it out quickly.
    GTA has always been a singleplayer series for me, or one that you can have a laugh with mates taking turns

Advertisement