Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best revision books?

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm in 5th year and I'm looking to get revision books for HL History, Biology & Business and OL maths. I've been told to get either Less Stress More Success or Revise Wise.
    In your experience, which would be best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

OL maths: essential revision guide (Folens). Website with it is brilliant. It has made my year so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 H-esperanza

I would recommend revise wise for biology, it has helped me survive this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Meh, they're all the same to be honest, overpriced :D

Just buy any one of them and work hard.

They all have the same content but, like everything else to do with the LC, it's how much work you put into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    Meh, they're all the same to be honest, overpriced :D

Just buy any one of them and work hard.

They all have the same content but, like everything else to do with the LC, it's how much work you put into it :)

theyre not all the same!
    some are good, some arent.

buy a rapid revision (chemistry one is amazingly helpful if you do it)

Fad wrote: »
    theyre not all the same!
    some are good, some arent.

buy a rapid revision (chemistry one is amazingly helpful if you do it)
    Oh, I'm sorry, do you do a different paper in the LC exam if you have used revisewise instead of say rapid revision :eek:

Why did nobody tell me :eek: I'll go out and pay a fortune for them now and think they'll actually make a difference :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry, do you do a different paper in the LC exam if you have used revisewise instead of say rapid revision :eek:

didnt you know>? go go now!

but in all seriousness there is a difference between revision books, less stress arent good, and the others vary, theyre not that expensive and they are worth it, it may be more expensive than getting notes of the net but its more convienient (or however you spell that)

Fad wrote: »
    didnt you know>? go go now!

but in all seriousness there is a difference between revision books, less stress arent good, and the others vary, theyre not that expensive and they are worth it, it may be more expensive than getting notes of the net but its more convienient (or however you spell that)
    convenient*

Yeah, I have the books :p

But remember, how did our parents cope with crap books and no revision books. If you buy the, don't just leave them lying around. Read every last inch of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Thanks for all the help.. I decided to go with Revisewise for Bio and History and they're pretty good.

Advertisement