Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server software to use??

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello all,

I am wondering what software I should use for a site with the following.

I want new users to be able to register and automatically submit new content of the following type.

Articles
    Forum posts
    Images

All fairly accessible from their profile or homepage.

I'm reasonably familiar with joomla, phpbb and gallery2.

I'm wondering if drupal would be better or maybe I should use blogging software??

Joomla seems to have the best set of plugins available already but its user management is not great. I'd like to have pretty good integration between the various bits and pieces.

What do all of you think?

Thanks

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

I've used joomla and in my opinion, it's one of the best around, the plugin are top and the support section is up to date and quick!
    it's pretty easy to use too!

other than that, i'd recommend Seditio for the more advanced web designer, it's very very fast, loads each page about the same speed as the google homage loads but required alot more editing of .tpl docs and tag placement, the plugin's for it though are all free and user created! go with joomla 1.5.3

Advertisement