Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keloid scarring

Options
  • 24-04-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

ok, i figure you guys are probably the best to ask about scars!

has anyone else suffered keloid scarring?

mine is not actually from a piercing, but a drunken incident in which i felt on my face. that scar that formed is raised and shiney, almost like a blister, but firmer. its rubbery to the touch, itchy, sometimes painful, and right on the skin between my nose and lip :(

in 3 months not much has really changed :( i don't know what to do about it! my mum got me a little vitamin e oil roll on tube, which i've been using pretty regularly. i've googled but most of the stuff is pretty extreme, like for much larger scars.

anyone got any experience with these? i realise its unlikely to ever go away, but i'd like to lessen the appearance even a little bit if possible!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

vitamin e cream or bio oil. rub that on a lot and should lessen it over time. if you are concerned go to the doc see what he/she has to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

If it's on your face I really wouldn't take the risk of trying any of the drastic home remedies. Bio oil is good and can't really do any harm. But as Wilburt said, go see your doctor, the sooner you do the sooner he may be able to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah thats what i thought when i was looking up treatments on the net, i wouldn't risk any of them considering they could make it worse! :eek:

didn't really think it was doctor worthy tbh, i don't want to trouble them and as it was almost 4 months ago at this stage i doubt there's much they can do.

problem being, i should have gone when i hurt myself and got it treated properly at the time, instead of waiting til it had formed a big ugly scar! :(

i'm not really concerned about it per se, but you know yourself when you have a bit of an ugly scar. it wouldn't be so bad if i had a good story behind it, but it was just me being drunk and stupid! i might drop by the doc tomorrow and see if i can make an appointment. thanks for the advice!

Advertisement