Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems PDF Cadre in RDF Unit?

• 25-04-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

Since the re org are PDF Cadre who are SWA putting blocks in the way of RDF Activity? I am active in an RDF Unit which has a pile of PDF Ptes and Cpls who are all SWA who will not scratch. They do nothing and moan then i asked to do anything prior to Re Org they were ok. Thinks its time they shaped up or shipped out.

Will they be re deployed to PDF units they originated from. One is one of our own an 08/88. Whats the feeling?

I am a Sgt in the South!:(:(:(:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Since the re org are PDF Cadre who are SWA putting blocks in the way of RDF Activity? I am active in an RDF Unit which has a pile of PDF Ptes and Cpls who are all SWA who will not scratch. They do nothing and moan then i asked to do anything prior to Re Org they were ok. Thinks its time they shaped up or shipped out.

Will they be re deployed to PDF units they originated from. One is one of our own an 08/88. Whats the feeling?

I feel if you wanna to moan about personnel Serving Without Appointment take it up with your CO or RDFRA representative, you can even bring it up with the Defence Forces Ombudsman.

But you say your a sgt. Then you should know the importance of the chain of command and how things work, do you think its in anyone's best interest to bring this stuff up here on a public forum?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Your on dangerous ground there bud.
    One side of the coin is you've the enthusiam to get on with the training and advance the unit,
    The other side is PDF cadre do it full time and although there paid the extra they have to give up the weekends etc etc
    you trowing your fifty pence in (while with good intentions) could back fire
    and cause problems for you later on (PDF cadre can close ranks on you)
    The chain of command is your only option. Discuss more active training for the platoon with the LT and let him/her put the proposals forward. It won't happen this year as training programs have already been decided for this year.
    On a lighter note it's a volentary organization so ask once and if you dont get what you want from staff dont ask again. It'll come apparent whose superflous to the unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭trellheim

As far as I can see the PDF is fairly tight on people. Why haven't they been redeployed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

trellheim wrote: »
    As far as I can see the PDF is fairly tight on people. Why haven't they been redeployed ?

Because they won't move.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am going to close this thread.I am not comfortable with the inner workings of a PDF/RDF unit been discussed on a public forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement