Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Pay Rise.

• 25-04-2008 12:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I absolutely, positively do not want any pay rise.
    5%, 10%. No thanks. Keep it.
    Anyone with me ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

No way :D More money, more money, more money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pay cuts for all! \o\ /o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Anyone with me ?

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tax bracket issue? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Can I have it then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

knird evol wrote: »
    I absolutely, positively do not want any pay rise.
    5%, 10%. No thanks. Keep it.
    Anyone with me ?

You steenkin' government shill! Inflation rocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

it annoys me that people expect to get paid more and more for doing exactly the same job. leeches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

it annoys me that people expect to get paid more and more for doing exactly the same job. leeches

Not sure if you are serious or not,ever hear of inflation!!!!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Public sector workers will have to accept less then inflation or be fired. Do a Regan job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭co_co

darkman2 wrote: »
    Do a Regan job!

sorry for that i dont quite understand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ruu wrote: »
    Pay cuts for all! \o\ /o/

Abortions for All \o\ /o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I may be interested if there is cake compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

KTRIC wrote: »
    Abortions for All \o\ /o/

abortions for some. miniature american flags for others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I ve heard only a small bit on this, is it specific jobs that are getting an increase ? or is it it an increase on min wage ? also when should it take affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The workers, the people whose efforts and labour helped create the Celtic Tiger, got the least ammount of reward from it. Now growth is slowing down (but still growing), we're being told to accept pay cuts while the people in charge award themselves massive pay hikes. Bollocks. The pay rises should at the very least track inflation, that's the bare acceptable minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

The workers, the people whose efforts and labour helped create the Celtic Tiger, got the least ammount of reward from it. Now growth is slowing down (but still growing), we're being told to accept pay cuts while the people in charge award themselves massive pay hikes. Bollocks. The pay rises should at the very least track inflation, that's the bare acceptable minimum.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've been in my job 16 months without a payrise, or a pay review.

I'll take that 5% - 10% thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The number of years of not getting any pay rises I must be on way less than when I started the job now once you add on inflation over the years, even if the actual figure appears to be larger than when I started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

robinph wrote: »
    The number of years of not getting any pay rises I must be on way less than when I started the job now once you add on inflation over the years, even if the actual figure appears to be larger than when I started.

Maybe look for another job then? ;)

I got a raise after 3 months in my present job! Granted, that just happened to be when the annual pay talks happen but still..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

holly1 wrote: »
    Not sure if you are serious or not,ever hear of inflation!!!!!!!:confused:

I did and I hear pay rises drive it!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ninty9er wrote: »
    I did and I hear pay rises drive it!!:rolleyes:

one of the many things that drive it, yes. but if my boss came to me and paid "sorry you can't have a pay rise. i don't want to drive inflation", i'd throw him out the window and rightly so.

i hear the thing that drives it is merchants increasing their prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i hear the thing that drives it is merchants increasing their prices

Yes and if people couldn't afford those prices.....simple Leaving Cert Economics will tell you.....they drop to shift the excess supply:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

+1

Advertisement