Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with Boards site?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, i don't know how to expalin this in the correct terms but for the last few days when I've clicked onto your site and then tried to move from forum to forum or thread to thread, it seems to take about a full minute for the page to load. I have had no other problems with other websites, they load quickly. I have a new MacBook with 4g Ram 2.4 processor so I don't think it's my computer. It's only just started to happen with your site in the last couple of days. I don't know much about computers so I could have a problem this end but I doubt it. Every other site works fine. I've cleared my cache because I thought I read somewhere it may help...?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We have been experiencing some slowness recently, although I thought it had gotten fixed in the past one or two days. Have you been getting error messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi, no, no error messages. It's only on boards and adverts that it is taking nearly a minute to load each page. It starts to load and then there is a pause for a minute then it finishes loading. I've tried on my pc and mac, on safari and opera. It's the same. It's taking so long to move around.

Hi, it's stil happening this morning. I'll check back in a bit to see if it's fixed. I'm afraid I'm too impatient to what a minute each time I want to move to a new page.

Hi, I'm still waiting over a minute to open each page.

Am I in the wrong forum to tell the right people or find out what's going on?

Is this the right forum to contact tech or admin guys?

It's very frustrating! It's putting me off accessing the site's, which I enjoy browsing

Help and info required!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Everything seems fine for me. Try clearing your internet files/cache and see if it makes any difference.

• Advertisement

Hi Ruu, thanks for your advice

I already had cleared the cache and history in Safari and Opera Browsers. And I did it agaain now, just incase I missed anything. And I'm still having problems. It's still over a minute to open each page.

I have tried this on my MAcBook and Windows laptop.

As I've said already, I've had no problems with any other sites.

Is there anything else I should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look through this thread. It seems there are a few users having issues.

Advertisement