Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early Street Releases

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's the time i do the weekly shop at tbh, better shopping when there's no crying babies around.

although you miss out on some yummy mummy action :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 pert

I work for Tesco

If the stock games they will be selling GTA at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

pert wrote: »
    I work for Tesco

If the stock games they will be selling GTA at midnight

That's good to hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm going to try Tescos in Wilton here in Cork at midnight, they do stock PS3 games, but have a piss poor selection, so I'm not holding out much hope. I was out there yesterday doing shopping and didn't see anything advertising GTA or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm going to try Tescos in Wilton here in Cork at midnight, they do stock PS3 games, but have a piss poor selection, so I'm not holding out much hope. I was out there yesterday doing shopping and didn't see anything advertising GTA or anything.

They've been advertising it for the past 2 weeks. They will be selling it. Was in there this morning hoping that they might have let it slip on sale - no luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tesco in Dundrum seem to have a very small number of PS3 games, so if you're hoping to get it there I'd be there early and be waiting for it to be put out, I wouldn't expect them to have a lot of copies.

They've been advertising it for the past 2 weeks. They will be selling it. Was in there this morning hoping that they might have let it slip on sale - no luck.

Oh good stuff, I didn't notice the advertising. Will definitely pop out there tonight so, hop in the car, it's only 5 mins away. If they don't have it I'll just buy a bag of the Smarties Cookies, that'll almost make the trip worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

can anyone confim/deny sainsburys are selling it in newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Plasmoid

Just got off the phone with Tesco Maynooth

Confirmed Midnight tonight, but 360 only.

Price hasn't been set yet. They won't know until tonight when head office call. It will be, and i quote, "you know yourself, 1 euro cheaper then everywhere else"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

Just checked 6 places in town, no one selling it :(
    i even tried the Jedi mind trick in smyths,
    i went in and said "I can collect my pre order now" and waved my receipt infront of his face,
    he looked at me for about 5 seconds, i was convinced it had woked,
    then he just said "its not on sale untill tomorrow" and walked away.

i need to work on my force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Tesco Clearwater (Finglas) here I come so*!!!! :D

* at 23:59 obviously

Plasmoid wrote: »

Balls I hope that doesn't happen in the Wilton in Cork, or I'll have to trip every 360 owner as they leave, purely out of spite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

Tesco Clarehall here i come.. handy only about 10 mins away form me.. ill leave at 11.56.. i have a very fast car and the road is bound to be nearly empty..

i have a very fast car and the road is bound to be nearly empty..

If you're lucky you won't even need to buy the game, the cops'll start chasing ya and you'll be living it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone confirm/deny that Tesco in Limerick will be selling it tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tesco Clarehall here i come.. handy only about 10 mins away form me.. ill leave at 11.56.. i have a very fast car and the road is bound to be nearly empty..

Thats where im thinkin, just hope they sell 360 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Balls I hope that doesn't happen in the Wilton in Cork, or I'll have to trip every 360 owner as they leave, purely out of spite.

Well they rarely have PS3 games in Wilton, so i reckon Mahon Point is your best bet seeing as they got a much better selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone confirm/deny that Tesco in Limerick will be selling it tonight?

All i can confirm is that they have the largest selection of Ps3 games i've ever seen in a tesco. I dont even know what that tesco is called so even if i wanted to ring them i couldnt (im shy:o)

You ring them and i'll buy you a packet of starmix there tonight!

All i can confirm is that they have the largest selection of Ps3 games i've ever seen in a tesco. I dont even know what that tesco is called so even if i wanted to ring them i couldnt (im shy:o)

You ring them and i'll buy you a packet of starmix there tonight!

I rang them just now, they dont even have it in the store yet. I was told to ring back later this evening and if its in the store he will be selling it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Did you check with tesco clarehall that they are open at midnight? I tried calling them last week and got no answer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Melion wrote: »
    I rang them just now, they dont even have it in the store yet. I was told to ring back later this evening and if its in the store he will be selling it then.

Could let me know if you get an answer off them? Then all you need to decide is if you want the blue starmix or the red starmix:p

Demios wrote: »
    Well they rarely have PS3 games in Wilton, so i reckon Mahon Point is your best bet seeing as they got a much better selection.

Nice one, I'd forgotten about Mahon point, longer drive, but will probably have more of a shot of getting it there. I'd say it's a bit more out of the way for people too, so might not be as many people trying there.

just off the phone there with tesco dundrum, i was told that they aren't receiving their copies until tomorrow.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Cremo wrote: »
    just off the phone there with tesco dundrum, i was told that they aren't receiving their copies until tomorrow.

:(

:(:(:(

Just talking to tesco clarehall and they said that they have not received their copies of GTA yet but are hoping to get them before the end of the day so that they can be on sale for midnight bit they are not sure if it will be ready...

I just rang Tescos in Mahon Point and the girl said that there would be no one in that department at midnight tonight to actually put the game on the shelves so it would be first thing tomorrow morning before they have 'em on the shelves. 7am to be precise. I think I might still swing out there just in case something has been arranged that she wasn't aware of.

Could let me know if you get an answer off them? Then all you need to decide is if you want the blue starmix or the red starmix:p

Im gonna ring them about 6, ill let you know on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IIItachIII

Anyone knows where to find it this afternoon in Dublin?

00:00 on Tuesday is the normal release date so it shouldn't be included as early street release.

My girlfriend works for game and I have my copy tomorrow at 7:00 am if I want it but I want it today!!!

I'm spanish and in Spain is getting sold since friday :rolleyes:

I feel so lucky :*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Tesco bray and nutgrove are saying they will only have 360 versions. I called dundrum and they said they didnt think so but call back later. So whats the plan, are we all just going to swarm around the PS3 and 360 shelves and hope we can grab a copy!

Plasmoid wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with Tesco Maynooth

Price hasn't been set yet. They won't know until tonight when head office call. It will be, and i quote, "you know yourself, 1 euro cheaper then everywhere else"

Maynooth is my local- does this mean the PS3 version definitely won't be in or that the 360 version is the only one delivered right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

As Clare Hall Tesco is 24 hours do you think there would be much point heading over there before work at say 6am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 that bloke

just rang xtravison in ongar there having a late night opening,
    there only selling preordered copies i didnt have it preordered the guy took my name and number and i have two copies for midnight tonight
    happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Maynooth is my local- does this mean the PS3 version definitely won't be in or that the 360 version is the only one delivered right now?

If I remember correctly Celbridge dont stock any PS3 games. Maybe Maynooth is the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Lucifer wrote: »
    Tesco bray and nutgrove are saying they will only have 360 versions. I called dundrum and they said they didnt think so but call back later. So whats the plan, are we all just going to swarm around the PS3 and 360 shelves and hope we can grab a copy!

Did they say if it will be on sale at midnight in those stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Lucifer wrote: »
    Tesco bray and nutgrove are saying they will only have 360 versions. I called dundrum and they said they didnt think so but call back later!

Did Nutgrove or Dundrum mention it on the shelves at midnight Lucifer?

Johner wrote: »
    If I remember correctly Celbridge dont stock any PS3 games. Maybe Maynooth is the same?

Why would they be the same? Maynooth stocks a Top 10 of PS3 games and a selection of new releases and random titles. I guess I'll just have to drop in after midnight and see if it's there.

neacy69 wrote: »
    Just talking to tesco clarehall and they said that they have not received their copies of GTA yet but are hoping to get them before the end of the day so that they can be on sale for midnight bit they are not sure if it will be ready...

I wonder is there much truth to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

anyone got any news on tesco ballybrack are they selling the 360 version at midnight!?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wonder is there much truth to that?

well thats what she said to me seemed to be genuine enough.....

They open at midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

I heard ongar is a labyrinth, once you go in you can never find your way out!!

YES the second last one for the 360 in ongar!!!
    One left lads! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

lafors wrote: »

YES the second last one for the 360 in ongar!!!
    One left lads! :D

Just booked it! ;-) thanks fellas :pac::pac: doors open at 11 apparantely with a wine and cheese reception planned!

where the hell is ongar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Seems a popular enough place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ongar%2C_Dublin
    Is there anything wikipedia doesn't know?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Are there any 24 hour shops in town that might sell it ? i.e Tescos ?

Just rang every Xtravision near me and they are only selling probooked stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement