Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KSC USP 45 Sight Adjustment

Options
  • 25-04-2008 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

The sights on my USP were off out of the box; the front sight is a good 2mm off-centre to the left.

Probably a silly problem to the more experienced people here, but how should I go about adjusting it? It appears to be held in place by friction, but I can't move it with force I feel is reasonably safe. It's got an ABS slide, so I don't want to be too rough without knowing what I'm doing.

Any ideas? Should I just force it with a tack hammer or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Hey man.

When I was upgrading my USPc, I found it a good idea to get a screwdriver and wrap a good bit of tissue around it. Then, lube up the area real good with some silicon oil, and tap ever so slightly on the sight.

That was how I did it when I was completely taking it off, so I'm not sure if the idea is suitable for just adjusting it.

Edit: IIRC, for the front sight, if you have the screwdriver at around 45* to the centre of the sight, you can give the screwdriver a good push without damaging the sight.

Prepare for sore hands though =/

Hauk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 LSnK

Thanks Hauk, I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Advertisement