Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waking up at the exact same time every morning

• 25-04-2008 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I'm curious if anyone else experiences this (or can give me some advice to overcome it!).

Essentially, no matter what time I got to sleep, be it 10pm or 1am, I wake up at exactly the same time - 6.03 am on the button. There isn't anything external that wakes me up, no alarm or noise or change in temperature etc., yet there I am wide awake every single morning at three minutes after six.

I've always been an early riser so I can handle it byt It's getting to the stage now where unless I go bed before 10pm I am exhausted the next day :( Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Read an article a few months back that touched on what they called a biological clock that somehow evolved over time that you can set to wake you up. For example, when I set my alarm clock, I always seem to wake up 2 or 3 minutes before it goes off.

Maybe you can reset your biological clock? Set your real alarm clock for a different time to wake up, visualising yourself sleeping-in until the clock goes off. Might take a few tries, if it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I always get up early, and wander around the house for a while before I have to get the kids up. For some reason the very first time I look at the clock its always 08:18. Its as odd. Today is different of course, you've gone and made me look now :pac:

Advertisement