Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls sporty/designer sunglasses - where from?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Gonna be in Dub for the weekend, want to get the GF a decent pair of sporty/designer sunglasses (I've a lovely pair of sporty Oakleys are are in good condition even after 2 years of abuse so something along the lines of that would be great), budget around €150. I'm guessing a surf/clothing shop would be my best bet? I don't want poncy looking things that cover half your face, more streamline glasses that'll stick to your face when in windy conditions etc.

Can anyone tell me where I should be looking? (Name and location please - i'm a culchie) :D Pref. as close to O' Connel st as possible - They're all I need to buy and i've a crowd waiting for me to go on the beer :D

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Try the Sunglasses Hut in Jervis St.? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Try the Sunglasses Hut in Jervis St.? :confused:

Or the sunglass place in the Stephens green shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks guys - keep the suggestions coming....

Is the "Sunglass Hut" in Jervis St still open? Someone told me they thought it was closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

There's a couple of sunglasses places on the ground floor of Debenhams on Henry Street

Alternatively you could head to the Outdoor adventure centres, one on Liffey Street and one off Grafton street if you're looking for something more durable.

And if you want to pull a fast one.... Pennys :D

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks guys - keep the suggestions coming....

Is the "Sunglass Hut" in Jervis St still open? Someone told me they thought it was closed down?

Yeah, he could try there. It has a bigger selection than the Jervis one and I know this one is still open. :pac:

• Advertisement

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Yeah, he could try there. It has a bigger selection than the Jervis one and I know this one is still open. :pac:

Where exactly? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Never buy sunglasses for someone without them being there.

They need to suit a face and be worn to be bought.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Never buy sunglasses for someone without them being there.

They need to suit a face and be worn to be bought.

Thanks for the tips - she'll be there to try them on, hence not buying online

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Where exactly? :confused:

On the ground floor, near Dunnes and the escalator at the back.

Advertisement