Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis

Options
  • 25-04-2008 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi. I bought "Crysis" for my pc. Good game but is there any way of making a Logitech gamepad (Cordless Rumblepad) work with the game. The instruction book says to use an x-box 360 controller but I don't want to buy yet another controller/joystick. Is this just another way Microsoft rip people off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Try this

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/showthread.php?t=86635

but why use a gamepad for crysis on a pc???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

rstans wrote: »
    Hi. I bought "Crysis" for my pc. Good game but is there any way of making a Logitech gamepad (Cordless Rumblepad) work with the game. The instruction book says to use an x-box 360 controller but I don't want to buy yet another controller/joystick. Is this just another way Microsoft rip people off?

No, unfortunately only the Xbox 360 controller is "officially supported" (not sure if this is a Crysis issue or a "Games for Windows" issue)

It sucks, and another example of Microsoft pissing on gamers, but there might be unofficial ways to get your controller working (with a hack or mod)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

I'm more used to console games so I thought the pad might make it easier/more familiar to play. Still managed three hours last night without it thiugh. Damn addictive games;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

stick with the keyboard/mouse combo its the only way to play FPS games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the logitech rumblepad comes with profiling software. Just set up a profile to load when you start Crysis. In this profile map the keyboard keys to buttons on the controller (i.e. WASD would be assigned to your left analogue stick)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Auvers wrote: »
    stick with the keyboard/mouse combo its the only way to play FPS games

Deffo.

Anyone who uses gamepads for FPS on PCs needs their heads checked.

Advertisement