Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Considering a toyota hilux.

Options
  • 25-04-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hello
    i am considering a toyota hilux double cab as a replacement to a normal car. I like the high driving position, and the 4wd. any opinions on what they are like? i know they have the leaf spring suspension, but they appear to be good value as they have seats in the back, and are a good bit cheaper than the landcruiser commercial. so appears more attractive than a landcruiser.

there is no fuel data on the toyota site, re mpg, anyone have these figures?

i was considering the 3.0L one.

any advice and opinions welcome.. ps i dont have a VAT number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

You should get the Hilux Surf. They have the seats in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Max_Damage wrote: »
    You should get the Hilux Surf. They have the seats in the back.

And €1100 road tax per year.
    Not putting the Surf down, I've had two over seven years. They are fantastic but not cheap to run.

A hilux pickup will have the seats, dry rear bed if you get a canopy and €277 per year road tax.

I'm looking at getting a 04 or 05 hilux double cab in the next few weeks. They have the 2.5 D4d engine. 102 or 128 bhp. They get approx 35mpg. Maybe a little more if driven gently.

A DC is a great choice if you need the extra seats, plus the ability to haul around building stuff, bikes, etc etc.
    13% vrt and cheap road tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

And €1100 road tax per year.
    Not putting the Surf down, I've had two over seven years. They are fantastic but not cheap to run.

A hilux pickup will have the seats, dry rear bed if you get a canopy and €277 per year road tax.

I'm looking at getting a 04 or 05 hilux double cab in the next few weeks. They have the 2.5 D4d engine. 102 or 128 bhp. They get approx 35mpg. Maybe a little more if driven gently.

A DC is a great choice if you need the extra seats, plus the ability to haul around building stuff, bikes, etc etc.
    13% vrt and cheap road tax.

i was looking getting the 3.0L hilux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Regardless of engine size, the road tax on a DC will be €277.

The 3.0 hilux vigo gets 34mpg for the manual. The auto is a few mpg less.

Advertisement