Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relative paths for projects in Visual Studio solutions

Options
  • 25-04-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, fairly straightforward question here - I've added a project to a Visual Studio solution already containing several projects. When the solution opens, it looks for my project files using an absolute path and it loads fine for me, but as its under version control (using Subversion) its causing an error when my colleagues attempt to open it on their local machines.

Any idea how I can tell Visual Studio to use relative paths? I've looked in project properties, solution properties and Visual Studio options but with no luck!

EDIT: I should probably mention that its a Setup Project (i.e. for building a .msi installer). All other projects in the solution are C++/MFC projects, maybe that could be a factor?

Advertisement