Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

somebody ****** keyed my boot :@

Options
  • 25-04-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

:mad:
    Got out of bed yesterday morning to find that some a**hole had keyed the bootlid of my seat leon. Absolutely furious.
    Can anybody recommend a good place that will repair this to factory at a reasonable cost?

If I sell this car am i obliged to tell the next owner that it was keyed and i had it repaired and if so will it affect resale value?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If it's not too deep, T-Cut polish might be able to get the scratch out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

why would you be obliged to tell the buyer it has been keyed?! as long as its repaired to a quality finish that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

:mad:
    Got out of bed yesterday morning to find that some a**hole had keyed the bootlid of my seat leon. Absolutely furious.
    Can anybody recommend a good place that will repair this to factory at a reasonable cost?

If I sell this car am i obliged to tell the next owner that it was keyed and i had it repaired and if so will it affect resale value?

I wouldn't worry about the resale issue, so long as its done professionally, it will be perfect again. Lets face it, a huge % of cars get minor damage and subsequent repairs... some even get damaged before they're registered :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

agreed, don't worry about the resale issue, and no you are not obliged to tell.
    If it is very deep, you might be looking at a new boot lid. The lid won't cost much but the paint job will cast a few bob alright. €200 ?? maybe...
    I know an excelent panel beater/ spray man who has done work for me in the past. He is a perfectionist but located in Cork. PM me if you want his number.
    Wouldn't you love to catch the little fuc*er who did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Might be an idea to check with a few breakers. Sometimes it to change the boot rather than getting one sprayed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I feel your pain OP, in the space of 2 weeks, i had someone put a dent in my wheel arch in a car park and drive off (leaving me to find out when i got back) and i also had someone key the driver door and boot too.

Scum

Advertisement