Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skype Beta for S60

• 25-04-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Well they've finally released a beta of a Symbian client - from the blurb seems to work in the same way as ISkoot - more info here - http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/mobile/ or skype.com/m on your mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well I had a quick look at it there and it looks like ISkoot alright but with Skype branding and they have no Irish dial-in number set up yet so you won't be able to use it to make calls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Has messaging though which is an improvement over the Three client.

Yeah, if there was some way to add the service number for Three we'd be laughing. Since it seems the number can be added later as skype roll out services I assume it is stored somewhere on the phone. Any Midlet experts out there have any idea where and how to look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

well its a symbian c++ app but i'll take a look over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I just use fring -calls and chat.

• Advertisement

well its a symbian c++ app but i'll take a look over the weekend

Actually it is a jar file - nokian95.jar to be precise - I pulled apart the download mechanism to get at the jad file to see if the number was somehow being set there - optimistic I know.

As for using Fring, yup it's a great little app but when I'm out and about and I need to do Skype voice unless you have a great HSDPA signal then Fring won't cut the mustard - in fact even with a great HSDPA signal you'll still have the latency issues.

i'll take a look at that so!

im not sure changing the number in the code would work, as im sure before the call is made, the user you wish to skype call is set on a server before you make a voice call to skype where they make the connection.

The jar is obscured anyway. it would be really difficult to decompile the code inorder to change and r-ecompile it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

culabula wrote: »
    I just use fring -calls and chat.
    Fring is alright but its just so slow to login to skype which is really annoying as sometimes it just seems to logout. Another annoying thing I find is that if you are talking to someone on fring and someone else rings you via your mobile number then you are disconnected from the fring call. Have been using Gizmo5 which integrates excellently with my N95 as it uses SIP but when I get people to set it up on their computers it would ring once or twice then go straight to their answering machines.

Tis shítty with that new skype s60 that I cannot ring people on it - kinda useless then.

im not sure changing the number in the code would work, as im sure before the call is made, the user you wish to skype call is set on a server before you make a voice call to skype where they make the connection.

The jar is obscured anyway. it would be really difficult to decompile the code inorder to change and r-ecompile it.

Yeah, I kinda thought as much but know little about Midlets etc. I left a message about the idea on the Skype Community Forum anyway as it might encourage Three to get their finger out and update their client.

• Advertisement
Advertisement