Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

don't use a vodafone phone as a pc modem

• 25-04-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i set up a costomers phone as a modem for his laptop

he looked at a car on CBG and it stopped working
    rang vodafone to see if they could fix it
    they told him he going to be charged €399 for using his internet, so the blocked it

i thought it was meant to be 99c per day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Here we go again.

Did you read the terms and conditions, specifically the part about the charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's fine to use your phone as a modem. But, check your data allowances BEFORE you use it.
    If you have not got any data allowance or the data charges are too high, get a data add-on to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Mukki be careful. the customer could in fact decide to try send the bill to you since you did not mention the charges to him. You should have warned him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

vodafone are refunding him the money as he didnt know, and seen as that is just maddness
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Here we go again.

Did you read the terms and conditions, specifically the part about the charges?

i cant find terms and conditions for that
    mobile internet is all about using the net on your phone
    broadband is all about those white dongle things

suppose its just a matter of reading his tarriff rates
    Mukki be careful. the customer could in fact decide to try send the bill to you since you did not mention the charges to him. You should have warned him.

I realised that, but he said it was a work phone and he was going to pretend to the boss that he was using it for work reasons ,

anyway i wont be setting that up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know one thing, even if you have the vodafone live thing with a dataplan, when you get your phone, it has something called vodafoneMISP which seems to be the same thing, gives you internet. However i think that is charged and vodafonelive is done on your plan.

Friend of mine got caught out on that and vodafone refunded the money i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mukki wrote: »
    i thought it was meant to be 99c per day

if the live.vodafone.com access point is used its 99c per day

if isp.vodafone.ie is used, it's not as you found out

Advertisement