Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Checkout Rip off -

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ITesco on the other hand have the end date for the offer on the shelf labels - Dunnes make their own dates!

Dunnes also have the end-date on their special offer shelf signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Oh yeah, this happens to my husband and I all the time. I won't name the culprit. Let's just say it's an anagram of dali!
    ALDI

Well done Brian!!
    (Not sure MistyCheese will notice your remarkable spelling prowess though, it's 6 months since they posted...);)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

smccarrick wrote: »
    Correct.
    Which is why Tesco will only give you a refund and the item free- if you have already paid for it....... If you notice the difference at the till before you have actually paid- you simply get it at the lower price.

It is best to do this when they are at their busiest ;-)
    Just be sure you have a nice line of people waiting behind you before you say anything!
    The manager will be at the checkout in seconds! NOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

ALDI

Pat on the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Quite same story with Tesco, if there is two for one offer etc you can bet that maybe 7/10 times the offer is not correct.

Really strange that you never get that problem in Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

well they never have those 2 for 1 offers in Lidl, they appear not to have the same problem with leftover stock so they have to put down prices, if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

itarumaa wrote: »
    Quite same story with Tesco, if there is two for one offer etc you can bet that maybe 7/10 times the offer is not correct.

I was in Tesco for one of their 2 for 1 offers (yogurt drinks) and it wasn't deducted. I asked why and was told that it was only certain flavours (but not blackcurrant) that were on special. I asked why the blackcurrant ones were so prominently displayed under their "2 for 1" sign - no answer for that but did give back my money.:confused:

Advertisement