Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whinging taxi drivers...

Options
  • 25-04-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

whats all this about a taxi strike because we have too many taxi's?? this must be a joke i mean if there is too many shouldnt this mean that they in turn should be on time when collecting fairs? and surely too many taxi's is a good thing as with more competition the prices should drop?? no i dont think so.. taxi prices are crazy for such a small city.. thankfully i now have my own car and do not need to rely on those excuses for taxi companies.. i travelled in taxi's nearly all my life.. and personally i find them the greediest of all walks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Id be greedy if Id to sit around for half a day waiting for a customer because theres so many taxis around these days,and then work my balls off late into the night thursdays,fridays, saturdays and sundays.

Im not a taxi driver but you have to look at the two sides of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

zig wrote: »
    Id be greedy if Id to sit around for half a day waiting for a customer because theres so many taxis around these days,and then work my balls off late into the night thursdays,fridays, saturdays and sundays.

Im not a taxi driver but you have to look at the two sides of it

im sure there are a lot worse jobs out there.. imagine if they actually had to get up off those lovely carina e seat covers and do a real job like shovel **** or work out in the rain on a building site?? then the would be complaining that there are too many houses.. judging by the price of a cab fare these days they are being more than compensated for having to relax outside roches for a half a day while listening to declan coupos and reading the paper and chatting to other drivers cuz as soon as your bum hits that seat its probably 6 quid and thats before the wheels start turning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Stab*City wrote: »
    surely too many taxi's is a good thing as with more competition the prices should drop?? no i dont think so.. taxi prices are crazy for such a small city...

I agree that taxi prices are crazy, but were they not set by the Taxi Regulator?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Taxi prices are relative to fuel prices, wear and tear and a wage. Not overly expensive really.

There ARE NOT TOO MANY taxis, if there were I'd have no problem finding one on O'Connell Street at 4 on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ah now come on, its a well known fact that taxi drivers are forced into a life of servitude to us pedestrian folk, having to sit in a car all day waiting for someone to ask you to drive them somewhere and having them give you money for it is a tough break, reading the racing post while parked outsdie roches a few hours a day until someone jumps in then being forced to drive out in front of traffic that has the right of way without indicating or signalling in any form known to man because, as everyone knows, taxi drivers actually own the road, we merely rent it from them from time to time, bless their cotton socks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I hate getting taxis and avoid when I can but my girlfriend loves getting
    them and hates the bus. So she wins.

I cant stand it when you sit into the car and there is already a few euros
    on the meter for the min price. Then they hit a button sometime twice
    to set the meter rolling and just when you think your finished and the cab
    has stopped and your at your desination bang!!! they hit the button one last time and what you thought was the final fare goes instantly up a little more.

11-14 Euros from Town to Fr. Russell Rd. Dooradoyle during the day
    seems a pretty crazy price to pay to me!
    Compared to 1.45 for the bus.

I long for the day when we get good public transport something Like
    a LART! wold be fantastic.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I don't understand this Taxi strike thing.
    I'm self employed also, if I decide to protest by not working I lose money.
    Taxi drivers are not well loved generally. I get woken regularly by drivers honking outside a nearby pub late at night. Also, stopping on middle of road to collect or wait for passengers when there are parking spaces pisses me off. I'm often behind them in a truck.

Advertisement