Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tetanus and pregnancy

Options
  • 25-04-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Dunno if this is in the right forum but i'll ask anyways!
    Course im looking to signing upto requires you get a tetanus / booster as its dogs ill be working with.
    My question is, is this safe to get while pregnant? Doctor is on a half day so can't ring atm so said id ask here..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Taken from www.drspock.com

"Tetanus toxoid and Td are safe to get during pregnancy. Women who have been fully immunized should have a Td booster if it has been more than 10 years since their last dose. If they have a wound that could be contaminated, they should have a booster if it has been more than five years since the last dose. Optimally, if a pregnant woman is not fully immunized against tetanus, she should receive two doses of tetanus toxoid or Td four weeks apart. In order to provide sufficient time for the mother to make antibodies and transfer them to her baby across the placenta, she needs to have received both doses at least two weeks before she gives birth."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Thanks for that..
    Ill get onto my doctor monday morning so to get it :)

Advertisement