Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps - general chat thread

• 25-04-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

if we can't have fun on the other one we can start over here????:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

if we can't have fun on the other one we can start over here????:D
    Damn good idea.

Anyhow Im looking forward to the game tonight and Im going to put my head on the block (again) and go for a 3:1 win for Harps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Where are you? They are calling everyone Muffler in the pub......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Damn good idea.

Anyhow Im looking forward to the game tonight and Im going to put my head on the block (again) and go for a 3:1 win for Harps.
    You fail at predictions. :D
    He's been cloned.

Now we know the Sligo folk are crazy :D.

nah I wasnt in the pub till after the first half of the game. Couldnt be arsed watching any more of that rubbish so after about 10 minutes into the 2nd half I headed round to Cheers Bar where I said I would be. Was there till about 11 but as I had the 2 young lads with me I couldnt get to the pub before the match or stay any later than 11

Now we know the Sligo folk are crazy :D.

nah I wasnt in the pub till after the first half of the game. Couldnt be arsed watching any more of that rubbish so after about 10 minutes into the 2nd half I headed round to Cheers Bar where I said I would be. Was there till about 11 but as I had the 2 young lads with me I couldnt get to the pub before the match or stay any later than 11

You think the Sligo folk are crazy? Wait till you meet the "International Sligo Rovers Supporters Club"
    Not happy about the score then? :rolleyes: They saw the whole match this time :eek: Unbelievable! Till the rematch then (whenever that may be.....)

• Advertisement

We will be better prepared for it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

We will be better prepared for it :)
    Ah now lads cant even get the meeting in a pub right. Bad sign on future organising potential! :D

Apologies for that. It was a wee bit of a mix up. I thought you actually meant meeting up in the pub after the game. I dont normally indulge before a game but in any event time was against me on Friday. I had to pick up the 2 young lads at their mums house and then make my way back home and get a bit of tea and then walk over to the park. It was about 7:50 when we got into the park.

But there will be other occasions ;)

Apologies for that. It was a wee bit of a mix up. I thought you actually meant meeting up in the pub after the game. I dont normally indulge before a game but in any event time was against me on Friday. I had to pick up the 2 young lads at their mums house and then make my way back home and get a bit of tea and then walk over to the park. It was about 7:50 when we got into the park.

But there will be other occasions ;)

we always have a pint before the match!! when harps is playing in sligo we will be in mooney's across the road from the showgrounds.we cant mix that one up coz it's the only pub nearby!!;) Did anyone tell you we were calling evrybody muffler in ballybofey??

we always have a pint before the match!! when harps is playing in sligo we will be in mooney's across the road from the showgrounds.we cant mix that one up coz it's the only pub nearby!!;) Did anyone tell you we were calling evrybody muffler in ballybofey??
    When I got to the bar Martin, the owner, never mentioned it but then again he wouldnt know anything about the forum. There were only about 4 or 5 people there when I arrived but it filled up a little later after the match.

Yeah I might try and make it to Sligo for the return but Im sure it will be well debated before that :D

• Advertisement

When I got to the bar Martin, the owner, never mentioned it but then again he wouldnt know anything about the forum. There were only about 4 or 5 people there when I arrived but it filled up a little later after the match.

Yeah I might try and make it to Sligo for the return but Im sure it will be well debated before that :D

you can count on that and ofcourse we wont fail to remind you we won this time:D

I have developed a selective form of deafness :rolleyes:

I have developed a selective form of deafness :rolleyes:

You're starting to sound like the Mrs!!

You're starting to sound like the Mrs!!
    Deafness I said - not headache :rolleyes:

Deafness I said - not headache :rolleyes:

Watch it muff! I'm still here!! Anymore of that and I'll send the girls on you!
    Mrs Thistle ;)

Mrs Thistle ;)
    Yipeeeee :)

Mrs Thistle ;)
    Are you sure? Have you seen his avatar recently. :confused:
    Fraid theres nothing left for it. Send in the dutch male strippers.... again! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

another defeat for your lot tonight (and an ex rovers man doing the damage;)), anyone here go to the game?

Ah sure at least we're consistent :(

Ah sure at least we're consistent :(
    Which is more that can be said for you and your avators. :confused:

• Advertisement

tuppence wrote: »
    Which is more that can be said for you and your avators. :confused:
    Its OK - Im over it now. I had an identity crisis but its sorted. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Any chance of changing my name to Harps Boy?!

Been to a few games in Finn Park over the last two seasons. Bad slump at the moment and needs to be halted quickly. You need to build on the home form and make it a fortress once again, as I can vouch that every Dublin team used to hate coming up here. "Hate" being reserved for the match only!

bohsboy wrote: »
    Any chance of changing my name to Harps Boy?!
    Fire some money at the admins (not brown envelopes now - just subscribe) and you can have whatever user name you wish except mine ;)

bohsboy wrote: »
    Been to a few games in Finn Park over the last two seasons. Bad slump at the moment and needs to be halted quickly. You need to build on the home form and make it a fortress once again, as I can vouch that every Dublin team used to hate coming up here. "Hate" being reserved for the match only!
    Yeah there was a time that Finn Park was a bit of a fortress but sadly not anymore.

Forgot to post this before now now but we got a nice point against Galway which could prove valuable by the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Yep and it was a point away from home too albeit against a Galway side that have not been preforming too well this season. I wonder if Jeff Kenna can turn things around for them by the end of the season though.

And another point from the shamrock rovers game. Should have taken all 3 points but then again it was a poor performance on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Held out for 76 minutes against the muckers tonight, must be a recent record for us!

A long awaited 3 points last night against Bray. Hopefully the fortunes are turning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

ONLY 2 WEEKS!!!! Muffler are you up for a pre match drink at mooneys??? 2-1 for the rovers!!!:D

• Advertisement

ONLY 2 WEEKS!!!! Muffler are you up for a pre match drink at mooneys??? 2-1 for the rovers!!!:D
    I will need to get a wee bit of practice in first ;)

I might be at the match - not sure yet and probably wont know until a day or two before hand but if all works out OK here then Mooneys will be a good place to pop into.

Advertisement