Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroin addicts galway

Options
  • 25-04-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Do you often see them around. I just seen a guy in eyre square off his head walking around.

He then fell on the side of the kerb and was there for about 2 mins before someone helped him up.

He was absolutely off his head.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Man, I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself, that stuff is supposed to be wicked. Did you get any numbers off him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

1800-HEROIN

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How does 'off his head' equate to heroin?
    Did you see him preparing and injecting the smack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Do you often see them around. I just seen a guy in eyre square off his head walking around.

He then fell on the side of the kerb and was there for about 2 mins before someone helped him up.

He was absolutely off his head.

Are you sure he was a needler and not just a pis.s head or one of the local winos? I thought the needle using type went down to that patch of waste ground down along the railway at Lough Attalia where the Swiss girl was killed last year and did not really venture up around the square?

Suppose it's only a matter of time until Galway gets its fair share of Limerick and Dublins type of drug problems. The knacks are getting into it now, dealing, shipping etc and God know there are enough of them in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Man, I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself, that stuff is supposed to be wicked. Did you get any numbers off him?

I've always been intrigued by it meself. Would love to know what the buzz is like but doubt I would do it....I have a very addictive personality so more than likely would get addicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Ah ... Limerick doesn't have a heroin problem.

po0k wrote: »
    How does 'off his head' equate to heroin?
    Did you see him preparing and injecting the smack?

The way he was walking. You can tell when someone is off their head on heroin. Funny walk etc. etc.

This fella was not drunk.
    Are you sure he was a needler and not just a pis.s head or one of the local winos? I thought the needle using type went down to that patch of waste ground down along the railway at Lough Attalia where the Swiss girl was killed last year and did not really venture up around the square?

tbh he looked to be going that direction. Up towards the train station. Maybe they normally stay out of the square but this guy was so off it I'd say he hadn't a clue what he was at.

btw I never knew that was there patch.....does there be many of them up there.

This is the first time I have seen someone on heroin in Galway but my mates seen a fella last year. He collapased on the ground in front of them and sh*t started coming out of his mouth. They could see all the needle marks on his arm. Think he was taken away by ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

The way he was walking. You can tell when someone is off their head on heroin. Funny walk etc. etc.

This fella was not drunk.

you could tell by his walk, that it was heroin induced???

please explain the difference between drunken and heroin stagger?? what if he had a gimpy leg? would this not 'sway' your observation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lfc85

this must be the stupidest tread ever
    like how the hell do ya know he wasnt on crack or any other drug for that matter
    and for anyone thinkin bout tryin out the gear...dont
    was on it meself for around a year and coming off it was probly the worst experiences of my life

haha you were yeah

• Advertisement

trainspottin here boyz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

DonalN wrote: »
    please explain the difference between drunken and heroin stagger??

I think the heroin stagger had more a "strut" to it. Not as strutty as coke to be sure. That walk is a whole other ball game...

So anyone up for some smack, wine and kebab house?

hey daveywavey ya dope,why the hell would i say i was on gear if i wasnt
    im from ballymun in dublin and its easier to get drugs up here then it is to get clean water in galway
    anyways i got hooked smokin it, never used needles
    i thought that i wouldnt get the sickness involved with injecting it...boy was i wrong

DonalN wrote: »
    you could tell by his walk, that it was heroin induced???

please explain the difference between drunken and heroin stagger?? what if he had a gimpy leg? would this not 'sway' your observation :rolleyes:

Yes I could actually. Here's what an addict looks like nodding out.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=6QU2X6o_sT8&feature=related

dfh

lfc85 wrote: »
    this must be the stupidest tread ever
    like how the hell do ya know he wasnt on crack or any other drug for that matter
    and for anyone thinkin bout tryin out the gear...dont
    was on it meself for around a year and coming off it was probly the worst experiences of my life

I couldn't give a f*k whether you think it's stupid or not. Who cares about your little anecdote aswell? Or the fact that your from ballymun.

Just because you come on a thread with you dim-witted opinion are we supposed to forget all other experiences and knowledge we have gained in life because you say so.

f8ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Unless you saw him shooting up you're just guessing he was on heroin.
    I couldn't give a f*k whether you think it's stupid or not. Who cares about your little anecdote aswell? Or the fact that your from ballymun.

Just because you come on a thread with you dim-witted opinion are we supposed to forget all other experiences and knowledge we have gained in life because you say so.

f8ck off.
    Calm down.

jaysus workaccount, i know the stereotype about culchies bein thick n all but i didnt believe that until you came up with that ****
    ah but it gave me a good laugh....knowin someone was on heroin by the way they walked?????????? hahahaha, now that was priceless

Sherifu wrote: »
    Unless you saw him shooting up you're just guessing he was on heroin.

Calm down.

When you see someone shouting and roaring on the street (among other characteristics) you can easily assume the guy is drunk with a high accuracy rate after watching him for a minute because different drugs have different effects. We know a drunk when we see one.

The realiity is that Heroin is in Galway so it's most likely this guy was off his head if he was displaying similiar behavour to people that abuse heroin.

jaysus workaccount, i know the stereotype about culchies bein thick n all but i didnt believe that until you came up with that ****
    ah but it gave me a good laugh....knowin someone was on heroin by the way they walked?????????? hahahaha, now that was priceless

It was more than the walk specifically. It might be a good idea for you to actually read my thread before replying back.

I might also add for the people that are replying back without reading my thread that I know alot of people aren#t noticable on heroin. It's just when they are really off it sometimes they start walking really funny and moving strangely.

• Advertisement

well what do you expect, galway is 4th biggest city in ireland last time i checked, off course theres heroin there just like theres heroin in practically every town in ireland

yer so naieve workaccount,
    my 6 yr old brother is more street wise and has much more sense then you
    ya sound like ya have led a sheltered life ya muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

who gives a **** tbh

my 6 yr old brother is more street wise and has much more sense then you

Pity your not more like him. :rolleyes:

who gives a **** tbh

I certainly could not give a damn about this lfc85 know it all. I wish he would just go away back to his sh*hole ballymun and mingle with his own type. Probably has absoutely no affiliation to Galway anyway and has blatantly called us all culchies.

Ah, deeeaaaadlyyy buzzzzz, lfc85, what ya think o' da fookin culchies down 'ere, bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement