Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Verbier

• 25-04-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to book a snowboarding trip next year and I have heard that Verbier is excellent.

Does anyone have any tips on booking a 7 day holiday here for around 8 people?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Never been there myself so can't offer much help really. Checking the prices that any of the tour operators are offering would be a good start though but you've got ages yet to get things sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

It's Switzerland, right? Hope you're not on a budget! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not quite sure where I was thinking Verbier was, and was too lazy to go and check, but I have been to Switzerland before and can confirm that cheap will certainly be tricky there, although it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Have a look at Morzine \ Avoriaz (France), its my new favourite place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I was snowboarding for the second time in Morzine this year. Thought it was good but very family orientated. Not much nightlife. Maybe that is cause I was there during the French mid term tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

robinph wrote: »
    Not quite sure where I was thinking Verbier was, and was too lazy to go and check, but I have been to Switzerland before and can confirm that cheap will certainly be tricky there, although it can be done.

I doesn't have to be cheap.

I did Morzine this year and a week with ski pass, flights, accomodation was €1,100. Would Verbier be more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Amazing skiing, but the most expensive lift pass in Europe, and generally expensive all round. Your best bet for getting a cheap(ish) deal is to check the British packages for a chalet holiday, where your meals are provided. Eating out in Switzerland requires a second mortgage.

Also, keep an eye on your timing. It's a huge ski area and if you get stuck in the wrong valley after the lifts close, it can be a very expensive taxi ride home.

Check your insurance. A lot of their tough runs there are "trails" rather than pistes and some insurance companies have decided they count as off-piste and don't pay up in the case of accident. On the plus side, Verbier is brilliant at dealing with accidents. My husband broke his leg there, and they got him airlifted to hospital in record time.

It might also be worth checking with the Snow Club of Great Britain if they have any holidays in Verbier that would suit you. They have excellent guides and are really well organised.

Advertisement