Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballsbridge?!

Options
  • 25-04-2008 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions on the best route from Main Street, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 to the AIB Headquarters, Bankcentre in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.

I have a car but since I will need to be travelling from Rathfarnham to Ballsbridge in rush hour (to be at my desk before 9am) Im guessing it won't be much use?

I am 10minutes from the Dundrum Luas line but not sure if it even goes near Ballsbridge?

Any advice will be much appreciated... im being moved over to there on Monday!!

Cheers, Katie :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

katie2008 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions on the best route from Main Street, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 to the AIB Headquarters, Bankcentre in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.

I have a car but since I will need to be travelling from Rathfarnham to Ballsbridge in rush hour (to be at my desk before 9am) Im guessing it won't be much use?

I am 10minutes from the Dundrum Luas line but not sure if it even goes near Ballsbridge?

Any advice will be much appreciated... im being moved over to there on Monday!!

Cheers, Katie :p

luas into town and then a walk from Stephens green to ballsbridge or numerous buses head out that way too

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Rob_l wrote: »
    luas into town and then a walk from Stephens green to ballsbridge or numerous buses head out that way too

If you're willing to walk, then get the Luas to Beechwood and walk from there*. A quick test on gmap-pedometer.com tells me that it's a slightly shorter walk than the one from Stephen's Green (2.35km v 2.66km) and you'd save the time spent on the Luas between Beechwood and Stephen's Green. It would probably be a nicer walk too.

I'd put that commute at about 50mins (10mins to Dundrum Luas stop, 10mins on the Luas, 30 min walk).

You should look into whether or not the bank has a shuttle bus that goes nearer to some convenient public transport. Some big offices do that sort of thing. Even if it's slow it might be useful for rainy days.

* E on Beechwood Road, NE on Anna Villa, SE on Sandford Road, NE on Marlborough Road, NE on Herbert Park, SE on Merrion Road. I think that's the most direct route.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cycle along the Dodder, lots of quiet roads and cyclepaths through parks.

Advertisement