Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neteller ?

• 25-04-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how do i transfer money from my bank account into neteller..
    i've set up my neteller a/c and have online banking with ulster bank, is it straight forward, was onto the customer care and she never heard to neteller so couldn't help me out - so if anyone can tell me - much appreciated.

Thanks

Donal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If I remember correctly.

Log in to neteller and hit upgrade account. That should bring you to a screen on how to "extend" your account.

As far as I remember, you need your account details, I think the IBAN (Eban?) number which can be found on your statements etc. Then they put a small sum into the account and you've to verify that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

well for Bank of Ireland i had to set up my neteller account as a beneficiary if i wanted to do the transfers through online banking. you will need to get the neteller sort code and IBAN etc as far as i remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thanks lads, turns out i'll have to wait at least 2 weeks for neteller to verify my details... which is a pain, cause then to transfer online - it takes between 2-5 days from bank to neteller - i read..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

hear they lost huge amounts this year and have increased charges..wouldn't keep too much in there IIWY.

emmemm wrote: »
    hear they lost huge amounts this year and have increased charges..wouldn't keep too much in there IIWY.

well were would you? - there was a big thread not so long ago saying not to go with moneybrookers, and so what does that leave if one doesn't have a CC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, turns out i'll have to wait at least 2 weeks for neteller to verify my details... which is a pain, cause then to transfer online - it takes between 2-5 days from bank to neteller - i read..... :(

I was in exactly the same situation about 9 months ago. Good luck getting it sorted in a couple of weeks.

Went to upgrade account, waited weeks for a micro deposit to appear( which never did). Contacted neteller support, took days to reply. Eventually recieved micro deposit and reported amount back to them.
    Never heard back from them and gave up.

Also was on to Ulster bank regarding making a transfer. Couldn't be arranged online or on the phone. They suggested I call into my branch to try and sort it out. I already had a pain in me arse with the whole thing at this stage and couldn't be bothered.

Still use my basic netteller account to transfer money between sites. Lodge using cc or ukash, and withdraw(rarely) by cheque from pokerstars.

whats the mirco deposit thing?

Whats the problem regarding ulster bank? - the customer care lady said she never heard of neteller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I've found that netellers support has gone to sh1t and I've since switched to moneybookers. Personally never had any problem with them at all so far.

how long does it usually take to set up moneybrookers?

whats the mirco deposit thing?

Whats the problem regarding ulster bank? - the customer care lady said she never heard of neteller.

The micro deposit is a 1 to 99c deposit they put into your bank account. You then report the amount back to them to confirm you have access to the bank account.
    The telephone banking person at Ulsterbank told me it (a transfer to neteller) couldn't be sorted on the phone, as neteller were not based in Ireland. Like I said I didn't bother to pursue this any further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

tribulus wrote: »
    I've found that netellers support has gone to sh1t and I've since switched to moneybookers. Personally never had any problem with them at all so far.
    Have they locked your account until you provide them with verification docs yet?

Some people's verification has taken over 2 weeks, as far as I'm concerned Moneybookers customer support is about 100 times worse than Netellers.

Btw, the micro-deposit thing turned up in my bank account after about 4 days iirc, verified it and it was all sorted within the week.

ok cool - the neteller customer care said they were only processing documents recevied on the 11th of apirl - i sent them in last week - but she couldn't give me a timeline - i assumed 2 weeks at the earliest.

rb ie - if u don't mind me asking what bank are you with?

ulster bank says that i need an a/c number and sort code to transfer money online - but i don't think neteller give u a sort code...

rb_ie wrote: »
    Have they locked your account until you provide them with verification docs yet?

Some people's verification has taken over 2 weeks, as far as I'm concerned Moneybookers customer support is about 100 times worse than Netellers.

Btw, the micro-deposit thing turned up in my bank account after about 4 days iirc, verified it and it was all sorted within the week.
    Just curious. After you verified your micro deposit , did they phone you as they are supposed to? This was the point at which I gave up.

Yikes, not yet. I've deposited to moneybookers and from there to poker sites and withdrawn back to moneybookers but never from moneybookers back to my bank. Maybe that's when they'll get me!

I have verified my bank account (by making a deposit to moneybookers) a CC/Debit card and address (by them sending me a letter with a code I enter) however so hopefully I won't have any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

how long does it usually take to set up moneybrookers?

Netellers fine once you get sorted, get someone to transfer you $100 or so on neteller, much handier than a bank transfer, you can then link stars/full tilt account to neteller and buy $ of people on there, last time I lodged I did so by giving dagunman money. Also you could Western Union to Stars once netellers linked and then withdraw to neteller and use wherever.

ulster bank says that i need an a/c number and sort code to transfer money online - but i don't think neteller give u a sort code...

I've found neteller to (recently) be crap with this. I asked for all this and after several emails and three days later got the info I needed. Except they gave me an English sort code for an Irish based account! After several more emails and no answer I went to moneybookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

qft. the system they have for contacting support is terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I find moneybokers and neteller both to be equally terrible at customer support.
    But I have neteller set up for 3 years so never have hassle anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I didn't want to start my own thread. But I take it setting up one of these accounts makes transferring money between sites much easier? I'm thinking of starting my own account on moneybookers because I want to shift money around between sites. If I just use my creditcard to fund it, will it make things a bit more straightforward? Should I start my account in Dollar or Euro? I don't intend to be withdrawing for another couple of months, I'm just a casual player, but I will be shifting money about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

think the main reason for using neteller and moneybookers,etc is to prevent the hassle of sending id to any site you deposit with a credit card...that's my reason anyway.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable just got an email, asking me for more documents as there aren't happy with what i sent them, what a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Setting up neteller is a load of hassle, worth it in the end though.

wtf - customer care - "Ok we have recived your documents however the banking statement was cropped so we cannot accept that and the utility bill did not have all four corners showing. You need to resend the documents."

I didn't even send a Utility bill, such bullsh*t

wtf - customer care - "Ok we have recived your documents however the banking statement was cropped so we cannot accept that and the utility bill did not have all four corners showing. You need to resend the documents."

I didn't even send a Utility bill, such bullsh*t

Lol, that's a bit mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It's funny. I have a lot of accounts online for various things and never have I ever had to send any documentation to 1 of them.

today is not my day for documents/i.d.

Guy in Tesco wouldn't sell me drink cause he thought i was underage - ffs

Think i'm going to try moneybrokers to see how that goes.

They don't ask for any documents at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

ha moneybookers hu?

quick question: have given up on neteller - for moneybrookers - how long does it take to verify a lazer card - like do they instanly credit X amount to your account, or could it take a few days?

Thanks

-Ace-

• Advertisement

You just fill in the details and it's verified. Your bank account is verified once you make a deposit to the account. If you have online banking then it goes through in a day. Your address is verified by them posting you a letter and once you receive it you enter the code in it on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

They make a withdrawl from your laser, but it takes around 2 days before it comes from your account iirc then you just type in the number. After that, all laser transactions are instant

Slash/ED wrote: »
    They make a withdrawl from your laser, but it takes around 2 days before it comes from your account iirc then you just type in the number. After that, all laser transactions are instant

I just did mine earlier and it verified immediately? Just had to enter in the card number and expiration date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You've a laser now...? Did it not ask to take a random amount out of your account and then you had to tell it what that was?

Maybe because you verified your bank account already it didn't bother, I verified my laser first and it asked me to do that. Two days later and everything was up and running.

Very off topic but go on MSN

Yeah I'm moving up in the world lol.

It probably was the fact my address and bank account was already verified.

Advertisement