Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBoys M4 CQB

Options
  • 25-04-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit worried.... I got my DBoys M4 CQB from Tony this morning, got it home and it's not firing anything....

I've got a half charged battery in it and it simply won't fire BB's...

I put a hi-cap mag into it and pulled the trigger.... nothing
    I put a mid-cap mag into it and pulled the trigger.... nothing

I tried the hop up all the way to the right, all the way to the left and in the middle.... nothing

I turned it upside down and pulled the trigger and it fired fine..... I turned it back the right way up and... nothing.

What's going on? I've tried 2 different mags in it and it won't fire the BB's. when i take the mags out of it the top BB is sitting loose at the top of the mag as if it was released but not fired....

Please tell me this isn't a serious problem? Well worried!

Any help???!?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Chunks wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried.... I got my DBoys M4 CQB from Tony this morning, got it home and it's not firing anything....

I've got a half charged battery in it and it simply won't fire BB's...

I put a hi-cap mag into it and pulled the trigger.... nothing
    I put a mid-cap mag into it and pulled the trigger.... nothing

I tried the hop up all the way to the right, all the way to the left and in the middle.... nothing

I turned it upside down and pulled the trigger and it fired fine..... I turned it back the right way up and... nothing.

What's going on? I've tried 2 different mags in it and it won't fire the BB's. when i take the mags out of it the top BB is sitting loose at the top of the mag as if it was released but not fired....

Please tell me this isn't a serious problem? Well worried!

Any help???!?:confused:

Sounds like a loose wire, or a fault in the trigger assembly.

PM tony, and he'll have it sorted out.

Edit: Actually what do you mean?
    Is it dead, no noise, nothing, or it just isnt feeding bb's?

Have you wound the hi-cap, have you put enough bb's in for it to wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

no the piston was going back and forwards fine....

this might sound wierd but it just started working??? wtf?

thanks for the quick reply though ,i appreciate it.

Yup, I fixed it :)

Actually, it's just happened again. It's almost like the BB's aren't reaching the spot they need to be in in order for the piston to hit them and fire them out of the barrell. If I turn it upside down it fires them out with no problems... :confused:

Man this is frustrating. My first AEG and there's a problem with it. :(

was hoping to be able to skirmish with it tonight and tomorrow. :(

Actually, it's just happened again. It's almost like the BB's aren't reaching the spot they need to be in in order for the piston to hit them and fire them out of the barrell. If I turn it upside down it fires them out with no problems... :confused:

Man this is frustrating. My first AEG and there's a problem with it. :(

was hoping to be able to skirmish with it tonight and tomorrow. :(

Seriously, are there at least 30 bb's in the high cap, is it wound, are you feeding them in the trap door, or shoving them in the feed hole (bad idea).

• Advertisement

Motosam wrote: »
    Seriously, are there at least 30 bb's in the high cap, is it wound, are you feeding them in the trap door, or shoving them in the feed hole (bad idea).

Right, here's the latest, i've been doing some experiments in between posts...

I've tried it with both a hi-cap and a mid-cap.

I put about 25 bbs in the mid cap and fired each BB individually on single shot. I fire them out fine, when I get to 21 it acts as if the mag is empty. When I remove the mag 4 BBs fall out.... everytime i do it.... Is this normal?

It's the same with the hi-cap. Yeah, i'm filling the hi-cap through the trap-door and winding it fully.

So essentially it's firing but not firing the last 4-5 BBs in the mags :confused: they get released from the mag ok but then just hang around loose until I remove the mag.

Ah noobs :)

Yep, mid caps and hi caps use the last 4 bbs to feed the rest, as there is a gap.
    Its normal.

Hi-caps must have a minimum ammount of bbs in them before they can actually wind, I advice you to fill the hi-cap, then wind it, then test it.

Everything should work fine :)

Edit: Oh yeah, dont re-use bb's, so many people have broken the air nozzle that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

you ill always get about 4 bb's that dont feed into the hop chamber.

theres nothing coming behind them to push them up thats why the last few

wont fire:)

Edit: ^^ motosam got in before me :D

:cool::cool::cool:

Ah noobs :)

Yep, mid caps and hi caps use the last 4 bbs to feed the rest, as there is a gap.
    Its normal.

Hi-caps must have a minimum ammount of bbs in them before they can actually wind, I advice you to fill the hi-cap, then wind it, then test it.

Everything should work fine :)

Edit: Oh yeah, dont re-use bb's, so many people have broken the air nozzle that way.

You sir are a gentleman. :)

I thought the feed was the same in an AEG as it was in pistols, I'm familiar with them, but new to AEG's. Looks like I walked into the Noob trap :p

tell me this though. How often do you get jams when you've got a mag of about 60BB's in the gun? I got it at about BB #20 then I had to take out the mag, let the four loose ones get out, then put back in the mag and shoot again...

You sir are a gentleman. :)

I thought the feed was the same in an AEG as it was in pistols, I'm familiar with them, but new to AEG's. Looks like I walked into the Noob trap :p

tell me this though. How often do you get jams when you've got a mag of about 60BB's in the gun? I got it at about BB #20 then I had to take out the mag, let the four loose ones get out, then put back in the mag and shoot again...

A bit of silicon oil will fix mis feeds in mid caps, the high cap usually stops shooting with 30 bbs left in it, these are used to push the rest from the bottom.

Generally oiling will fix that issue, use silicon oil from lidl, they have some at the moment, on aegs and gbbs as wd40 melts hop ups and o-rings ;)

• Advertisement

yeah i got a canister of silicone oil from MIA for my M9.

thanks for all the help. I'm sure i'll be back with some other problem in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol your not alone, this happend with me with my first aeg..

started freaking, it just happens

I also did not get hi-caps, nor did vtec afaik or shiva first time.

I mean, wtf is the first reaction to them usually :)

The guy I sold my mp5 to also didnt know how to use em.

Its hilarious though that it happens again and again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I also did not get hi-caps, nor did vtec afaik or shiva first time.

I first saw them years ago before airsoft was legal over here, the quality was crap though and the gun (MP5) was a piece of sh*t.,lol

Advertisement